Sign in with
Your question
Solved

About my cpu power connection

Last response: in Components
August 16, 2012 7:04:07 AM

Hello,
I have an asus m5a99x motherboard and was looking at psu's for my new build and I was reading in my manual that this bord has an eatx cpu connection and all the power supplies I have looked at are atx or eps , so my concern is will an 8 pin eps 12v connector work or maybe a 4+4 pin 12v connector which would be best ?

More about : cpu power connection

Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
a b à CPUs
August 16, 2012 7:08:58 AM

there are really both the same for what purpose you are asking about.
August 16, 2012 7:12:24 AM

Anonymous said:
there are really both the same for what purpose you are asking about.

yea my concern was that if I was to go with a psu that only had one, like say if it only had a 8 pin eps 12v will it be okay ?
Related resources

Best solution

Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
a b à CPUs
August 16, 2012 7:23:06 AM

yes. maybe i put it wrong either the 8 pin eps or a 4+4 pin will work on an 8 pin cpu power plug. but you can't use the 8 pin eps for a 4 pin cpu power plug. (edit: without an adapter)

that board has an 8 pin cpu power plug, you're good.
a b ) Power supply
a c 176 à CPUs
August 16, 2012 8:35:51 AM

loon that not quite right. most good power supply companies now use two 4 pin plugs to make the 8pin eps power plug.
Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
a b à CPUs
August 16, 2012 8:29:45 PM

smorizio said:
loon that not quite right. most good power supply companies now use two 4 pin plugs to make the 8pin eps power plug.

i do not understand how what you said is different than what i stated.

Quote:
either the 8 pin eps or a 4+4 pin will work on an 8 pin cpu power plug

:o 
August 17, 2012 4:52:48 AM

Anonymous said:
i do not understand how what you said is different than what i stated.

Quote:
either the 8 pin eps or a 4+4 pin will work on an 8 pin cpu power plug
lmfao
:o 

August 17, 2012 4:53:49 AM

Anonymous said:
yes. maybe i put it wrong either the 8 pin eps or a 4+4 pin will work on an 8 pin cpu power plug. but you can't use the 8 pin eps for a 4 pin cpu power plug. (edit: without an adapter)

that board has an 8 pin cpu power plug, you're good.
Thanks alot for all your help, yea this is my first build and just wanted to make sure I did it correctly so I guess i'm nitpicking this thing , but its better than overlooking something lol
August 17, 2012 4:55:23 AM

Best answer selected by wrsj77.
Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
a b à CPUs
August 17, 2012 4:59:15 AM

wrsj77 said:
Thanks alot for all your help, yea this is my first build and just wanted to make sure I did it correctly so I guess i'm nitpicking this thing , but its better than overlooking something lol

you're welcome and happy to help.
first builds seem scary but after done and the feeling of getting it accomplished is great, then you want to put together server farms :lol: 
!