Sign in with
Your question

I cannot connect my internet on my xbox 360

Last response: in Networking
May 7, 2011 3:27:13 PM

Hello everyone, I'm Kyle. In our country we only used broadbands to connect to the internet, for short we don't have any wireless networking here. I just bought a new Xbox360 and I tried to connect the broadband on it. After connecting I tried to join Xbox Live and it said error. The console redirected me to a part which says test your connection, so I selected it. After selecting it I noticed that there are 4 parts. First the Xbox, second network, third internet, and lastly Xbox Live. I selected Test Connection and after doing so, it started to load. The first thing the console did is to test if the network is connected and after a few seconds the loading is done and it transfers to the other part which is the console will try to connect to the internet, in this part a huge x symbol appeared on the internet sign and it says that it is unable to connect to the internet and so I tried it again and same thing happened. I would appreciate a little help to fix this problem.
Anonymous
May 7, 2011 9:01:42 PM

What type of Internet service do you have? If it's cable, you have to power cycle the cable modem before connecting it to the Xbox.
m
l
May 31, 2011 2:58:48 PM

I already figured out the problem. I need a modem which is compatible with xbox.
m
l
!