GF2 TV out/tuner - is it worth it?

G

Is it worth buying a gf2 with TV tuner and or TV out, or will a stand alone tv tuner card give significantly better quality for similar cost? ($$GF2 tuner compared to $$GF2 pure + $$tuner card)

Looking at buying a card for both capturing data and fullscreen playback. Getting new video card aswell, was thinking to just combine the two, thassall

fulgore_123

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2001
I know this sucks but, I don't believe that anyone actually made a geforce 2 with a tv tuner built in. I know that there are geforce 2 mx's with that functionality. I myself was looking for such a card (geforce 2 with tv tuner), but couldn't find any. Your best bet would be a radeon (aiw). Althouh it's a nice card, it's a little out of my budget.

:cool: Since we cannot get what we like, let us like what we can get

G

Yeah?
This place over here that say they have a:
Display 64MB ASUS7700 Dlx GF2 GTS Tuner

But I had a look on the asus website and yeah, your right, its the tv in/out version with the asus tv box included.

ohwell tuner problem solved

Anyone got a comparison between the gf2 tv out quality and a standalone tv out card...???

G

Whats the quality like compared to a stand alone vhs/dvd player?

Have made this mistake before, bought a tnt1 with tv out when they came out. The output quality is so crappy its not worth putting much out through it. Would have been better to not spend the money on the tv out version and just get a proper tv card later.