Program names that completely feel the 3 columns on the de..

Vlad

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2001

When I selects "Programs" on the Desk Top I have 3 1/2 very wide
columns displaying the installed ditto programs.
After a few ears we end up with many programs that completely feel the
3 columns and the last ones are only partially visible.
Why can't we just scroll up and down like we do on Windows Explorer?
I can't see any way of reducing the font and/or the space used for
the display.
Is there a simple solution other than tweaking the registry?
Thanks
Vlad

Vlad

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2001

Let me correct a couple of obvious errors before some smart scholastic
makes some remarks

When I select "Programs" on the Desk Top I have 3 1/2 very wide
columns displaying the installed ditto programs.
After a few ears we end up with many programs that completely filled

"Vlad" <Bla@dot.com> wrote:
| Let me correct a couple of obvious errors before some smart scholastic
| makes some remarks
|
| When I select "Programs" on the Desk Top I have 3 1/2 very wide
| columns displaying the installed ditto programs.
| After a few ears we end up with many programs that completely filled
| the 3 columns and the last ones are only partially visible.
| Why can't we just scroll up and down like we do on Windows Explorer?
| I can't see any way of reducing the font and/or the space used for
| the display.
| Is there a simple solution other than tweaking the registry?
| Thanks
| Vlad

EITHER:-

Right-click [Start]
Properties
Start Menu
Customize
Advanced Start Menu Options
[Y] "Scroll Programs"

OR:- to rearrange the Start Menu,

1 - For the "current user" entries in the start menu,
Right-click [Start] | Explore
2 - For the "all users" entries in the start menu,
Right-click [Start] | Explore All Users
3 - Create new sub folders as required.
4 - Drag shortcuts to these new folders.

Vlad

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2001

On Sat, 4 Dec 2004 07:00:33 +1000, "a nonymous"

>"Vlad" <Bla@dot.com> wrote:
>| Let me correct a couple of obvious errors before some smart scholastic
>| makes some remarks
>|
>| When I select "Programs" on the Desk Top I have 3 1/2 very wide
>| columns displaying the installed ditto programs.
>| After a few ears we end up with many programs that completely filled
>| the 3 columns and the last ones are only partially visible.
>| Why can't we just scroll up and down like we do on Windows Explorer?
>| I can't see any way of reducing the font and/or the space used for
>| the display.
>| Is there a simple solution other than tweaking the registry?
>| Thanks
>| Vlad
>

>EITHER:-
>
>Right-click [Start]
> Properties
> Start Menu
> Customize
> Advanced Start Menu Options
>[Y] "Scroll Programs"
>

>OR:- to rearrange the Start Menu,
>
>1 - For the "current user" entries in the start menu,
> Right-click [Start] | Explore
>2 - For the "all users" entries in the start menu,
> Right-click [Start] | Explore All Users
>3 - Create new sub folders as required.
>4 - Drag shortcuts to these new folders.

Perfect
You learn something every... hour
Thanks a lot

Vlad

Windows bases the column width on the longest name. Find the longest,
shorten the name and you will see a decrease in each column width.

Frank

"Vlad" <Bla@dot.com> wrote in message
> Let me correct a couple of obvious errors before some smart scholastic
> makes some remarks
>
> When I select "Programs" on the Desk Top I have 3 1/2 very wide
> columns displaying the installed ditto programs.
> After a few ears we end up with many programs that completely filled
> the 3 columns and the last ones are only partially visible.
> Why can't we just scroll up and down like we do on Windows Explorer?
> I can't see any way of reducing the font and/or the space used for
> the display.
> Is there a simple solution other than tweaking the registry?
> Thanks
> Vlad
>
> On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 12:38:03 -0500, Vlad <Bla@dot.com> wrote:
>

>>Thanks
>>Vlad

Vlad

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2001

On Sat, 4 Dec 2004 11:01:44 -0500, "FrankV" <FrankV@anonymous.address>
wrote:

>Windows bases the column width on the longest name. Find the longest,
>shorten the name and you will see a decrease in each column width.
>
>Frank

Done
Thanks Frank

Vlad