Program names that completely feel the 3 columns on the de..

When I selects "Programs" on the Desk Top I have 3 1/2 very wide
columns displaying the installed ditto programs.
After a few ears we end up with many programs that completely feel the
3 columns and the last ones are only partially visible.
Why can't we just scroll up and down like we do on Windows Explorer?
I can't see any way of reducing the font and/or the space used for
the display.
Is there a simple solution other than tweaking the registry?
Thanks
Vlad
5 answers Last reply
More about program names completely feel columns

    Let me correct a couple of obvious errors before some smart scholastic
    makes some remarks

    When I select "Programs" on the Desk Top I have 3 1/2 very wide
    columns displaying the installed ditto programs.
    After a few ears we end up with many programs that completely filled

    "Vlad" <Bla@dot.com> wrote:
    | Let me correct a couple of obvious errors before some smart scholastic
    | makes some remarks
    |
    | When I select "Programs" on the Desk Top I have 3 1/2 very wide
    | columns displaying the installed ditto programs.
    | After a few ears we end up with many programs that completely filled
    | the 3 columns and the last ones are only partially visible.
    | Why can't we just scroll up and down like we do on Windows Explorer?
    | I can't see any way of reducing the font and/or the space used for
    | the display.
    | Is there a simple solution other than tweaking the registry?
    | Thanks
    | Vlad

    EITHER:-

    Right-click [Start]
    Properties
    Start Menu
    Customize
    Advanced Start Menu Options
    [Y] "Scroll Programs"

    OR:- to rearrange the Start Menu,

    1 - For the "current user" entries in the start menu,
    Right-click [Start] | Explore
    2 - For the "all users" entries in the start menu,
    Right-click [Start] | Explore All Users
    3 - Create new sub folders as required.
    4 - Drag shortcuts to these new folders.

    On Sat, 4 Dec 2004 07:00:33 +1000, "a nonymous"

    >"Vlad" <Bla@dot.com> wrote:
    >| Let me correct a couple of obvious errors before some smart scholastic
    >| makes some remarks
    >|
    >| When I select "Programs" on the Desk Top I have 3 1/2 very wide
    >| columns displaying the installed ditto programs.
    >| After a few ears we end up with many programs that completely filled
    >| the 3 columns and the last ones are only partially visible.
    >| Why can't we just scroll up and down like we do on Windows Explorer?
    >| I can't see any way of reducing the font and/or the space used for
    >| the display.
    >| Is there a simple solution other than tweaking the registry?
    >| Thanks
    >| Vlad
    >

    >EITHER:-
    >
    >Right-click [Start]
    > Properties
    > Start Menu
    > Customize
    > Advanced Start Menu Options
    >[Y] "Scroll Programs"
    >

    >OR:- to rearrange the Start Menu,
    >
    >1 - For the "current user" entries in the start menu,
    > Right-click [Start] | Explore
    >2 - For the "all users" entries in the start menu,
    > Right-click [Start] | Explore All Users
    >3 - Create new sub folders as required.
    >4 - Drag shortcuts to these new folders.

    Perfect
    You learn something every... hour
    Thanks a lot

    Vlad

    Windows bases the column width on the longest name. Find the longest,
    shorten the name and you will see a decrease in each column width.

    Frank

    On Sat, 4 Dec 2004 11:01:44 -0500, "FrankV" <FrankV@anonymous.address>
    wrote:

    >Windows bases the column width on the longest name. Find the longest,
    >shorten the name and you will see a decrease in each column width.
    >
    >Frank

    Done
    Thanks Frank

    Vlad

    >"Vlad" <Bla@dot.com> wrote in message
    >> Let me correct a couple of obvious errors before some smart scholastic
    >> makes some remarks
    >>
    >> When I select "Programs" on the Desk Top I have 3 1/2 very wide
    >> columns displaying the installed ditto programs.
    >> After a few ears we end up with many programs that completely filled
    >> the 3 columns and the last ones are only partially visible.
    >> Why can't we just scroll up and down like we do on Windows Explorer?
    >> I can't see any way of reducing the font and/or the space used for
    >> the display.
    >> Is there a simple solution other than tweaking the registry?
    >> Thanks
    >> Vlad
    >>
    >> On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 12:38:03 -0500, Vlad <Bla@dot.com> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Thanks