Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Need help deciding on my new video card

  • Graphics Cards
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 26, 2012 3:17:27 AM

I am currently looking at a
or this

The 560 is about 100$ less on sale right now. If the performance of the 6970 is worth the extra 100$, I am willing to spend it.

I have been waiting for the 7970s but life took some change out of my video card fund so I can't get the top of the line. I know keplars are coming out.. Should I wait for price drops (UGH!)?

I should also mention I am upgrading from a 450 GTS.

Specs :
AMD phenom II x4 955 @ 3.2 Ghz

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3

8 GB DDR3 Ram

Corsair 750w PSU

More about : deciding video card

February 26, 2012 3:39:47 AM

GTX 570 if spending $300
GTX 560 Ti -448 would be my second choice.
(if you can no longer wait and wanting to buy now)

you could do the GTX 560 Ti and add SSD to your rig.?
(not knowing your system specs and cost of SSD with GPU is around $350ish..)

Wouldn't the 2gb 6970 be superior to the 570 1gb? Is just one reference I was using..

I really have no personal preference about radeon vs nvidia, not enough games use physics and not enough monitors to care about exfinity, max 3 monitors for me.