Cpu bios settings, BSOD

Ive recently put a new computer together with a core 2 duo e6420 cpu but im having a few problems when i first booted up everything seemed fine until i tried to install windows and getting a BSOD from the boot disk.

I finally got it to work by disabling cpu enhanced halt (c1e) but then when in windows the computer kept randomly rebooting without warning. ive now disabled the cpu thermal monitor 2 and cpu EIST function setting and its staying on so far.

Anyone know what could be causing this?

My board is Gigabyte G41MT-D3
6 answers Last reply
More about bios settings bsod
  1. Overheating? Soddy PSU?

Specs please, and check temps/voltages.
  2. alpine 500w psu
    core 2 duo e6420
    x2 1gb ddr3 1066
    160gb ide hdd
    Lg dvd drive

the psu is only a few months old and up until yesterday was powering my other computer.

this is what the bios reports
    vcore - 1.332v
    DDR15v - 1.536v
    +3.3v - 3.392v
    +12v - 12.492v
    Core temp - 30c

its also started blue screening on me again but saying something like irq less is not equal
  3. 0xA: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL typically means a driver or RAM problem. That being said, those voltages are off a bit from what I'd expect; the 3.392 on the +3.3V is worrying...

You can run a memory test with memtest in the meantime.
  4. I run memtest yesterday when I couldn't install windows and it found no errors the other odd thing was I could run linux and mini xp from hirens boot cd without any issues. also it was running for a few hours earlier without a blue screen and now the blue screen is showing up even in safe mode.
  5. I've been playing round with the bios and noticed another strange thing windows won't boot if I lower the cpu multiplier so I'm guessing that's why the power saving settings won't work
  6. Fixed it.

Turns out it was the ram i didnt realise the ram i had bought was ment to run at 1333mhz the board was automatically clocking it down to 1066mhz but it didnt like this speed for some reason. So i increased the host frequency to get it up to the normal speed now and all the bsod's have stopped.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Blue Screen Computers