Changing jpeg file timestamp based on EXIF info?

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
June 29, 2005 6:38:48 AM

I am looking for a utility that will change the creation date/time of
my jpeg images based on EXIF date/time. I found all kinds of utilities
that can include the date/time in the filename, but none can update the
file timestamp. Interestingly, I found a perl cript that does exactly
that, but I guess I cannot use it:
http://namazu.org/~satoru/attic/exif-touch

I would appreciate your help if you know of such utility.

thanks
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 12:53:53 PM

Anthony wrote:
> I am looking for a utility that will change the creation date/time of
> my jpeg images based on EXIF date/time. I found all kinds of utilities
> that can include the date/time in the filename, but none can update the
> file timestamp. Interestingly, I found a perl cript that does exactly
> that, but I guess I cannot use it:
> http://namazu.org/~satoru/attic/exif-touch
>
> I would appreciate your help if you know of such utility.
>
> thanks

ACDSee will do this, as well as allow you to adjust the EXIF time
stamp.

Scott
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 2:37:52 PM

Anthony wrote:
> I am looking for a utility that will change the creation date/time of
> my jpeg images based on EXIF date/time. I found all kinds of utilities
> that can include the date/time in the filename, but none can update
> the file timestamp. Interestingly, I found a perl cript that does
> exactly that, but I guess I cannot use it:
> http://namazu.org/~satoru/attic/exif-touch
>
> I would appreciate your help if you know of such utility.

PIE includes file timestamping, see:

http://www.picmeta.com/

David
Anonymous
June 30, 2005 3:30:55 PM

"Anthony" <amartin@whoever.com> wrote in message
| I am looking for a utility that will change the creation date/time of
| my jpeg images based on EXIF date/time. I found all kinds of utilities
| that can include the date/time in the filename, but none can update the
| file timestamp. Interestingly, I found a perl cript that does exactly
| that, but I guess I cannot use it:
| http://namazu.org/~satoru/attic/exif-touch
|
| I would appreciate your help if you know of such utility.
|
| thanks

If they're on a UNIX box, use touch. "man touch" at the prompt, minus the
quotation marks of course.
!