Using AMD APU A8-3850 Llano integrated GPU with dedicated GPU?

KayHai

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012
I have an nvidia GT 430 and was wondering if I could use it along side with the integrated video card in the apu

Solution
If I am not mistaken, only the Radeon HD 6xxx series can be used in hybrid crossfire with a Llano APU... and only up to the Radeon HD 6670.

Any Radeon HD 5xxx series card will deactivate Llano's Integrated Graphic Processor.

Any Radeon HD 6xxx series faster than the Radeon HD 6670 will deactivate the IGP

Any Radeon HD 7xxx series card will deactivate the IGP.

Any nVidia card will deactivate the IGP.

giemer

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011
You can use them both independently, but they won't work together ala CrossFire/SLI.

Edit: If all else fails, you can tweak your BIOS to disable your IGP and just use the 430.

edgewood112358

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012
You can use it instead of the onboard GPU; there's probably some setting in the BIOS about the IGP where you can disable it. However, since you have a Nvidia card, you won't be able to crossfire with the IGP, but that's not too big of an issue.

If I am not mistaken, only the Radeon HD 6xxx series can be used in hybrid crossfire with a Llano APU... and only up to the Radeon HD 6670.

Any Radeon HD 5xxx series card will deactivate Llano's Integrated Graphic Processor.

Any Radeon HD 6xxx series faster than the Radeon HD 6670 will deactivate the IGP

Any Radeon HD 7xxx series card will deactivate the IGP.

Any nVidia card will deactivate the IGP.

Solution