dual boot 98/xp

I have a system with dual boot 98/xp which worked fine
I had to reinstall the win98 and I canot boot to the xp- I dont get the
O/S selection screen
Is there a way to restor the dual boot without reinstallin the winXP?
2 answers Last reply
More about dual boot

    Windows XP does not start on a computer that is configured for dual booting
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315233

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "mzik" wrote:

    | I have a system with dual boot 98/xp which worked fine
    | I had to reinstall the win98 and I canot boot to the xp- I dont get the
    | O/S selection screen
    | Is there a way to restor the dual boot without reinstallin the winXP?

    I tried to apply what was writen in the article- boting the xp from the cd
    and after the "R", chose "fixboot".
    After that, the pc didnt boot atall.
    I reinstalled the win98 and afet that the XP, but it now boots only to the
    XP and there is no dual boot
    Is there anything to do( not formating and starting anew)
    thanks
    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

    > Windows XP does not start on a computer that is configured for dual booting
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315233
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    >
    > Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    > "mzik" wrote:
    >
    > | I have a system with dual boot 98/xp which worked fine
    > | I had to reinstall the win98 and I canot boot to the xp- I dont get the
    > | O/S selection screen
    > | Is there a way to restor the dual boot without reinstallin the winXP?

Configuration Dual Boot Customization Windows XP