Silent cooling my modest gaming rig

Bn3

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012
Hi guys . I am slowly putting together from my existing modest gaming rig the quietest machine I can but I'm clueless about water cooling since this would probably be the quietest method I would like the community's thoughts , my current setup includes :

I5 2500k
Hd 6950
Gigabyte board
And a seasonic 460x fl psu

I am intrested in any of the zalman passive water cooling units but don't know if they will be surficiant if not what are my other options for silent cooling , the emphasis is on silent , I don't need to overclocke much just the psu slightly and the gpu a little , so it's not like I need super low temperatures , any advice is appretiated . Thanks

Bn3

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012
I see you read my post but then you linked a cooling system that in it's first review is said to sound like a car .

raytseng

Honorable
May 15, 2012
unless the rest of your system is silent, there is no point going part of the way with water cooling-so you'd have to do it for both your cpu and gpu to make a difference.
If you don't want to go the whole way,

Just get an 212evo/plus. It is very quiet-especially if you set the right profiles for the fans, and quieter than your HDDs.

Also, silence depends on your case. If you don't have a case designed for silence, you are fighting a bad fight.

Bn3

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012

The Only moving parts I plan on having in my entire system is one storage hard drive , I can live with that noise but no other , so I plan on cooling it all . Gpu cpu and north bridge (if required) with liquid , I'm asking if anyone can offer advice with passive liquid cooling, I don't know if this is possible with the 2 components I have listed . This is why I'm posting .

Bn3

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012

I took this passage from the first user review out of the 15 available from the link you posted ,

"Fan Control Software - This thing comes with software which monitors the temps and you can set the 2 radiator fan speeds which I thought was great. If you push the fan speeds to "EXTREME" setting (there are only 3 settings), the revs go up to 2040 RPM, and PUMP speed goes to 3000 rpm, but so does the noise....Think of it as a distant car idling. I might replace the fans as I still don't like the temps...."

Bn3

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012
Please Jay don't post anymore about fans un till I have had someone who knows what they are talking about on the passive alternatives give me the information I need to either move on from my obsession with this project or complete it in the way I want to .

I appreciate you are trying to help but I have spent quite a while today trying to find out if the 2 fully passive zalman methods or the one semi passive one will offer enough cooling for my preposed setup that I really don't need alternative standard louder solutions suggesting . I could quite easily go on google and search for the quietest fan based standard solution myself