• Wireless
  • Routers
  • Connection
  • Wireless Networking
  • Product
Last response: in Wireless Networking
July 13, 2011 1:49:47 PM

Hey,

I have been having major problems with my wireless connection ever since I moved into my new place, I currently have a Linksys Wireless-G card installed in my desktop (Link) and the router at my new house is a Netgear RangeMax v3 (Link).

Before I had a Linksys router and had no connection issues, do these products just not like to work together? My computer is in the room directly under the router so range should not be an issue (less than 15 ft through the floor). Also I bring home my laptop from work and it doesnt have the same issue with connectivity as my desktop which leads me to believe the card and router aren't getting along.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks

LoK

More about : bad wireless connection advise

July 13, 2011 4:09:26 PM

What is model of the router?
m
l
July 13, 2011 7:42:08 PM

Sorry, fixed links in original post.
m
l
Related resources
July 14, 2011 1:33:08 AM

Well, this is a tricky one...the only things I can suggest are to:
  • Reboot the router
  • Perform updates
  • Disable & then re-enable the card from Device Manager (I'm assuming you're on Windows)
  • If you can, try to connect the computer to the router with a Cat 5/5e/6 Cable and see if it works
    m
    l
    July 14, 2011 2:22:57 PM

happyman7 said:
    Well, this is a tricky one...the only things I can suggest are to:
  • Reboot the router
  • Perform updates
  • Disable & then re-enable the card from Device Manager (I'm assuming you're on Windows)
  • If you can, try to connect the computer to the router with a Cat 5/5e/6 Cable and see if it works

• I have tried all of these except hooking my computer direct to the router with a cable, still hasn't helped...I guess I was just wondering if others were having any issues with using a different brand router and wireless card? I had my laptop home last night and it work fine right next to my desktop, which was having issues with connectivity.
    m
    l
    !