Sign in with
Your question

HIS Radeon HD 6850 problem with fading black screen

Last response: in Components
August 16, 2012 10:23:22 PM

This problem started to occur once I bought this monitor. http://usa.asus.com/Display/LCD_Monitors/VS228HP/#overv...

I can't tell if it is either my monitor or GPU screwing up.

The problem: Anytime I do something like play a game or watch a video on youtube if the screen gets a too dark (If I were playing Left 4 Dead and walked into a dark room my screen would fade to just black in less than half a second) it just turns black. My screen will do this when I am doing anything not just playing games. It is quite annoying and makes somethings undoable.

If you know anything about this or a way to fix this please give me somwhere to start on a solution or an answer on how to fix it.

Thank you for your time.

Also if this is in the wrong forum let me know and I will delete it and repost it somewhere else.

m
l
August 16, 2012 10:42:17 PM

Well since you mentioned that it only started happening after you got the monitor, I think you should test it out first with a different monitor, or if you just recently bought it replace it and see what happens.

m
l
August 16, 2012 10:42:54 PM

dyc4ha said:
Well since you mentioned that it only started happening after you got the monitor, I think you should test it out first with a different monitor, or if you just recently bought it replace it and see what happens.

Good idea i'll try it again on my hdmi tv and see if it still does it, than if not I know it's not my GPU. Maybe I just got a dysfunctional monitor
m
l
!