Connect more fans to my fan controller?

Well I have a case fan controller built in my case and it has two control knobs, each knob has 3 fan headers on it, would it be possible to add more than 3 fans to each? I would like to have 6 fans on one, and 3 on the other, is there any way to add those 6 fans and have them still connected to the controller (without making the fans slower of course).

Thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about connect fans controller
  1. Ok, I found this:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00414ROKU/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&smid=AELLOY6K8XB8X

Would that split the voltage and make the four fans spin slower, or will it just draw 4x the voltage?

Thanks.
  2. I'm not sure, but it might be simpler to just find the fans that aren't loud without your control knobs and plug those into the motherboard, assuming you have extra 3/4 pin connectors. By the way, do you have the Thor v2?
  3. Horizons said:
    I'm not sure, but it might be simpler to just find the fans that aren't loud without your control knobs and plug those into the motherboard, assuming you have extra 3/4 pin connectors. By the way, do you have the Thor v2?

Well, my motherboard only has two free headers, and that wont help me too much. And I do have the Thor v2.

Thanks,
    - reconrey
Ask a new question

Read More

Cases Connection Fan Controller Components