xbox live

Last response: in Video Games
Share
June 18, 2005 7:34:33 PM

Hi

I use Xbox live by connecting my xbox to my PC which uses the broadband
connection.

I use Zone Alarm, but have to turn this off to enable the xbox to play
online.

Is there anyway Zone Alarm can be configured so that it 'allows' the xbox?

Thanks

More about : xbox live

Anonymous
June 18, 2005 7:34:34 PM

"Jim" <jimmyriddle@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:D 91eu9$hod$1@nwrdmz01.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
> Hi
>
> I use Xbox live by connecting my xbox to my PC which uses the broadband
> connection.
>
> I use Zone Alarm, but have to turn this off to enable the xbox to play
> online.
>
> Is there anyway Zone Alarm can be configured so that it 'allows' the xbox?
>
> Thanks

Type Zone Alarm and Xbox Live in Google.
Anonymous
June 19, 2005 10:59:06 PM

"Jim" wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I use Xbox live by connecting my xbox to my PC which uses the broadband
> connection.
>
> I use Zone Alarm, but have to turn this off to enable the xbox to play
> online.
>
> Is there anyway Zone Alarm can be configured so that it 'allows' the xbox?
>
> Thanks

Haven't used ZA in years, but doesn't it have a DMZ feature with allows a
specific IP (XBox) to be completely open to the internet?

If not, it should allow specific ports to be opened for specific IP's.
Google and see which ports the XBox needs open.

Cheers,
-E
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 10:04:59 PM

"Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message

> "Jim" <jimmyriddle@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>> Is there anyway Zone Alarm can be configured so that it 'allows' the
>> xbox?

> Type Zone Alarm and Xbox Live in Google.

I typed "Zone Alarm and Xbox Live" in Google but I still can't play XBL thru
Zone Alarm.

That was a joke, BTW. :)
!