Repair the WebFolders system folder

I have a shortcut to WebFolders.
Now it doesn't work on my computer. I tested it on another computer and it
works.
When I right-click the shortcut, there is no "Open" option.

Also when I open a WebFolder I see a link to WebFolders in the Common Tasks
panel, but now this link doesn't work.

How can I make the WebFolders system folder available?

How it happened:
A few days ago (during a memory upgrade) the registry hives were corrupted
due to a system failure. I exported them (\WINDOWS\System32\config\SYSTEM
and \WINDOWS\System32\config\SOFTWARE) to .REG files, then restored an old
backup and imported the .REG files back in the registry. The system works
like new, except that I cannot open the WebFolders system folder.

Question 2:
Can I display the WebFolders in My Computer? It's hidden by default.

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Folders

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:ub35syt2EHA.2012@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
George Valkov <null@somewhere.com> hunted and pecked:
> I have a shortcut to WebFolders.
> Now it doesn't work on my computer. I tested it on another computer
> and it works.
> When I right-click the shortcut, there is no "Open" option.
>
> Also when I open a WebFolder I see a link to WebFolders in the Common
> Tasks panel, but now this link doesn't work.
>
> How can I make the WebFolders system folder available?
>
> How it happened:
> A few days ago (during a memory upgrade) the registry hives were
> corrupted due to a system failure. I exported them
> (\WINDOWS\System32\config\SYSTEM and
> \WINDOWS\System32\config\SOFTWARE) to .REG files, then restored an
> old backup and imported the .REG files back in the registry. The
> system works like new, except that I cannot open the WebFolders
> system folder.
>
> Question 2:
> Can I display the WebFolders in My Computer? It's hidden by default.

1. I open a web folder (double-click the link file)
filename: LocalMedia.lnk
name: LocalMedia
address: https://server:9000/
2. View --> Explorer Bar --> Folders
3. I am here:
Desktop\My Computer\Web Folders\LocalMedia
4. When I click "Web Folders" nothing happens. It should open it, but
something's wrong? How can I fix it?

"George Valkov" <null@somewhere.com> wrote in message news:ub35syt2EHA.2012@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
| I have a shortcut to WebFolders.
| Now it doesn't work on my computer. I tested it on another computer and it
| works.
| When I right-click the shortcut, there is no "Open" option.
|
| Also when I open a WebFolder I see a link to WebFolders in the Common Tasks
| panel, but now this link doesn't work.
|
| How can I make the WebFolders system folder available?
|
| How it happened:
| A few days ago (during a memory upgrade) the registry hives were corrupted
| due to a system failure. I exported them (\WINDOWS\System32\config\SYSTEM
| and \WINDOWS\System32\config\SOFTWARE) to .REG files, then restored an old
| backup and imported the .REG files back in the registry. The system works
| like new, except that I cannot open the WebFolders system folder.
|
| Question 2:
| Can I display the WebFolders in My Computer? It's hidden by default.

1. http://www.theeldergeek.com/windows_xp_registry.htm explains the correct
procedure for (im|ex)porting registry hives.

2. Windows Explorer
Tools
Folder Options
View
[Y] Display the contents of system folders
(*) Show hidden files and folders
[_] Hide extensions for known file types
[_] Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)