stranger33

Honorable
May 2, 2012
Hi, I just got myself a new comp. The specs are as followed

asus maximus gene 5
intel 3770
gigabyte hd 7970
wd 1tb black

i am using a corsair ax750 psu. for some reason, my cpu power up for half a sec then i hear a click sound from psu and the cpu turn off. however the led lights on the motherboard is still on. when i bring it over to the shop to get it checked, it seem to power up just fine. but at home i keep facing the same problem. any idea why this is happening?

Solution
I got same problem like yours last year. Check your psu in yours friends house. If same problem exist in your friends house then RMA the psu. And check your house's electric line that you connect your psu, and earthing system.

In my case, i replaced psu with new one and use 3-pin good earthing supported electric line.

So if you got a problem with electric line, then separate your room's power output from main circuit breaker for good voltage.

stranger33

Honorable
May 2, 2012

yes. i tried. still the same. but according to the shop, they say their output is stronger than outputs at a normal flat. will tt be the reason for my cpu not turning on?

robertris2

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
Check the voltage switch on the back of your psu (next to the power cable that connects to the outlet). It should be a small, usually red switch that slides. It should show 110 and 220. Slide that switch opposite the position it's in now, then try it.

mubin

Distinguished
I got same problem like yours last year. Check your psu in yours friends house. If same problem exist in your friends house then RMA the psu. And check your house's electric line that you connect your psu, and earthing system.

In my case, i replaced psu with new one and use 3-pin good earthing supported electric line.

So if you got a problem with electric line, then separate your room's power output from main circuit breaker for good voltage.

Solution

mubin

Distinguished

Corsair PSU have Universal AC input from 90~264V. So there is no switch in the back.

stranger33

Honorable
May 2, 2012

any idea on how to find out if the problem is with my electric line?

cbag

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2011
I had something like this happen before. I actually had to press reset button like 10 times then power, then switch off the psu (actually turn the psu switch off then back on). Don't ask me how I figured it out like that but I tried everything.

Eventually I could get it on by just pressing the power button really really fast over and over and it would turn on. Usually took 5-15 quick presses.

mubin

Distinguished

I just check voltage with digital multimeter. Main thing i do, is use a separate circuit breaker for my pc line that is not mixed with other outlet in my house. And of course that line is 3-pin.