Alcatraz24

Honorable
Feb 26, 2012
Hey all,
it's been some days since im experiencing somekind of driver problem,so i decided to post on this forum looking for help.

Basically what happens is this: while playing Call of Duty or Mass Effect2 i randomly get a screen freeze, followed by a black screen which generally lasts 3 to 6 seconds and then the game appears again running normally.
Now i got this card (HD 6970 vtx) in middle december and honestly it never gave any problem,even under pressure,while heavily overclocked.
Looking at the very nature of this error message that i get,to me this doesnt look like a hardware problem at all :

"Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered"

And also this error started to happen only after a windows crash (BSOD) i got for plugging in a pair of headphones some days ago,after that this all began and its pretty annoying honestly cause everything except those games runs perfectly from youtube videos to web content to other games like skyrim.

Now in last days this thing have been getting very very annoying and looking at google results, it seems like hundreds of people have exactly my same problem and with different video cards, (older and newer even nvidia!) but i couldnt find anyone who found a direct fix to this.

Anyone have a clue about how to get rid of this?
Thanks in advance