  • Customization
  • Desktop Icons
  • Windows XP
December 5, 2004 7:55:45 PM

Clear DayI have a lot of programs and folders on my desktop. Does it matter
how many I have? I find it easy to find what I want this way, but don't
want to slow down the pc too much if it matters how many I have there.

Thanks.
Helen

More about : desktop icons

Anonymous
December 5, 2004 7:55:46 PM

If your graphics card can handle all the drawing and re-drawing and you
don't see any problems with performance, then you are fine. You can put as
many shortcuts on the desktop as you can find space to put them.

"Gaga6" <hel3ngaga6hwNOSPAM@optonline.net> wrote in message
> Clear DayI have a lot of programs and folders on my desktop. Does it
matter
> how many I have? I find it easy to find what I want this way, but don't
> want to slow down the pc too much if it matters how many I have there.
>
> Thanks.
> Helen

Anonymous
December 5, 2004 11:05:50 PM

Thank you. My system works just fine... Knock wood.

Hugs,
Helen

"Kevin" <webman6@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> If your graphics card can handle all the drawing and re-drawing and you
> don't see any problems with performance, then you are fine. You can put
as
> many shortcuts on the desktop as you can find space to put them.
>
> "Gaga6" <hel3ngaga6hwNOSPAM@optonline.net> wrote in message
> > Clear DayI have a lot of programs and folders on my desktop. Does it
> matter
> > how many I have? I find it easy to find what I want this way, but don't
> > want to slow down the pc too much if it matters how many I have there.
> >
> > Thanks.
> > Helen

Anonymous
December 6, 2004 5:27:55 AM

Gaga6 schrieb:
> Clear DayI have a lot of programs and folders on my desktop. Does it matter
> how many I have? I find it easy to find what I want this way, but don't
> want to slow down the pc too much if it matters how many I have there.
>
> Thanks.
> Helen

afaik the number of desktop icons is not important for system speed :)
!