Cleaning processor

Lately my processor was getting quite heated up so I decided to check whats wrong, to my notice I saw that i had mistakenly fit both my fans on my after market CPU cooler(Cooler master Hyper 212 Evo cooler) as intakes, and so I have decided to unmount my heatskink as well(fans too tight when tried to remove them directly and might damage mobo if applied excess force) and mount my heatsink, and both the CPU fans properly this time but I dont have any isopropyl rubbing Alcohol to clean of the residual thermal paste, I made a visit to most of the chemists in my vicinity but none seem to have the rubbing alcohol but I managed to get a 200ml bottle of surgical spirit which contains isopropyl but neither does it have any reading of other chemicals on it nor is the amount of alcohol present written on it. I did a bit of research and found most surgical spirits to have 91% alcohol but some of them even have oils as well. The exact name of the spirit is "SURGICLIN CLINICAL SPIRIT" if anyone has any information or have used it before please give a feedback.
1 answer Last reply
More about cleaning processor
  1. It will be fine I've used everything from nail varnish remover to vodka and have yet to destroy anything
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Cooling Processors