August 17, 2012 11:25:52 AM

Hello,

Intel Core i3 530 @2.93 GHz
4 GB Ram
Zotac GeForce GTX 560 1GB GDDR5
500 GB Hdd
Windows 7 ultimate 32bit.
Corsair CX600 PSU

I was searching a lot for my low fps in games problems, coz i just purchased a new GTX 560 from Zotac, and i thought i shouldnt be getting low fps.

here i asked about it http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/366104-33-suffering-g...

Doing a lot of research ang googling, i found out that i3 cannot perform much on games requiring quad core processors.

So does that mean that there are games requiring quad core proc and dual core procs?

I went on to systemrequirementslab.com to test my hardware, but it said that I can easily play Prince of Persia 2008 on my i3. But when i do play, i get stutters and low fps like 17-25 on huge open regions with complex models and textures,(With all settings Maxed out, High res textures, 8x AA) while the fps jumps back up to 60-70 fps in close or small places or places with less models or textures.

So that means my core i3 cant deliver well on games requiring quad core cpu's, and is bottlenecking my new card?

More about : low fps games

August 17, 2012 12:04:10 PM

If you only have a 1GB video card, running high res textures, and 8x AA, depending on your resolution is probably just too much for your 1GB buffer. Try turning down the AA.
August 17, 2012 12:25:42 PM

Yeah well when i turned down AA to 0 i got increase of about 10 fps.
Related resources
August 17, 2012 12:29:51 PM

KidBuu said:
Hello,

Intel Core i3 530 @2.93 GHz
4 GB Ram
Zotac GeForce GTX 560 1GB GDDR5
500 GB Hdd
Windows 7 ultimate 32bit.
Corsair CX600 PSU

I was searching a lot for my low fps in games problems, coz i just purchased a new GTX 560 from Zotac, and i thought i shouldnt be getting low fps.

here i asked about it http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/366104-33-suffering-g...

Doing a lot of research ang googling, i found out that i3 cannot perform much on games requiring quad core processors.

So does that mean that there are games requiring quad core proc and dual core procs?

I went on to systemrequirementslab.com to test my hardware, but it said that I can easily play Prince of Persia 2008 on my i3. But when i do play, i get stutters and low fps like 17-25 on huge open regions with complex models and textures,(With all settings Maxed out, High res textures, 8x AA) while the fps jumps back up to 60-70 fps in close or small places or places with less models or textures.

So that means my core i3 cant deliver well on games requiring quad core cpu's, and is bottlenecking my new card?

An i5 would help a LOT but i don't think the i3 isbottlenecking at all
August 17, 2012 12:39:38 PM

I think your issue is lack of memory. I'd start with closing EVERYTHING down except for your game. you really need to upgrade to 8gb of memory and move up to a 64 bit os.
August 17, 2012 12:59:48 PM

But old games like POP require at the most 3 gb RAM and i have that, considering i have 4gb.
August 17, 2012 2:22:36 PM

you don't have 4gb of memory available. you're running on a 32 big os which means you're limited to 4gb TOTAL. your video card consumes 1gb of this max, your l1&l2 cache consumes some of this. If I had to guess you have at best 2.75gb of available memory and win7 will probably eat up 1.5gb of this. if you simply re-install with win7 64 bit, you'll probably be ok
a c 179 à CPUs
August 17, 2012 2:59:27 PM

start out by making sure the mb bios has all it patches and you have the newest mb chipset drivers and drivers for your sound card and video card. also make sure you have directx 9 installed on your system and all of the patches for it. if there a game editor for the config file see if the game using 9 or 10. i would set it back to 9 and see if it using 9 or open gl. if it using open gl you may want to see if you have the newest gl drivers installed. another tweek see if it runs better it you tell windows to run it as windows vista program. one trick with low ram system if it is low ram is us ms config and turn everything off. even your anti virus before you launch. i would also try some benchmarking to see if it all games or if it a heat issue. use hardware monitor and check your gpu and cpu temps...if the gpu gets to hot in a mini case it has to slow down or fry.
a c 459 à CPUs
August 17, 2012 4:49:32 PM

The vast majority of games only require 2 cores. Yes, in those few games which recommends a quad core CPU you will see a small decrease in performance.

The video card RAM is independent of the 4GB limit imposed by Windows 32-bit OSes. Generally you see about 3.3GB of available RAM when 4GB of RAM is installed. This is because the motherboard have many devices that eats into the available memory address space provided by a 32-bit OS.

When I had Win XP installed on my PC, my available RAM was around the 3.3GB I mentioned above. The 1GB of VRAM on my Radeon HD 5850 was fully usable.
!