5770 3D Model and window corruption

Status
Not open for further replies.

githern

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
So I've had a Radeon 5770 card now for about a year. After recently getting into a beta for Firefall and playing said game I found some weird corruption in game. Models were tearing, textures misplaced, blah blah. Well I also noticed that other windows began showing corruption. Straight lines would spaz out and get a slight angle on them. Text sometimes began moving or looked like someone cleaved it and it fell slightly down. I decided to cold restart, login screen was fine. Nothing wrong. I signed in and still found corruption. I then uninstalled ATI drivers through the ATI install program. I then removed from device manager. I restarted again cold. Then I reinstalled using the newest driver. Restarted cold. Same corruption. Looked for any modified d3d dlls and haven't found any that was less than a month ago. I also did a system scan to validate against Microsoft version and filesize numbers and it came back clean. I decided to see how bad it was and launched Arkham Asylum, model corruption just like Firefall. Did the same with Guild Wars 1, same thing. I cannot post screens of the window corruption or text because they won't show up, but the model corruption does. Both my screens show the same corruption. This all happened at once and without any prior issues.

All screens can be found here Screens
My current specs:
AMD Phenom II x4 955 3ghz
MSI GF615M-P33 Mainboard
2048x2 gig DDR3 - Kingston 667mhz (PC3-10700)
Radeon 5770 1gig, Not overclocked, forgot manufacturer
Windows 7x64 Fully updated

Any help or pointers would be helpful. I'm fresh out of ideas.

Solution
yes really looks like graphics card is failing, since you have already noticed that this problem happens in more than one game and also changing/reinstalling the graphics driver did not help, i agree with @rolli59 your card will need replacement.

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
yes really looks like graphics card is failing, since you have already noticed that this problem happens in more than one game and also changing/reinstalling the graphics driver did not help, i agree with @rolli59 your card will need replacement.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.