Chassis fan not detected by system

divJ

Distinguished
BANNED
Mar 25, 2012
motherboard applications on my pc which monitor the temp and speed and even the bios dont detect my chassis fan... though it running perfectly..

Are the chasis fans hooked up to the power supply or the motherboard? If they're hooked up to the power supply, the motherboard has no way of knowing any chasis fans exist. This is not a problem as long as your CPU fan is working.

pdxalex

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012
What nek said. I realized only yesterday that I still have an open slot for a chassis fan on the motherboard. Bios just doesn't see it and the speed is unregulated. I didn't bother swapping anything out.

Well you can regulate the speed with a fan speed controller. I have an NZXT Phantom, really nice case with a 5-way fan controller built in. But its not necessary, its a luxury item. Without the regulation of the motherboard, the fans will run at full speed all the time, its not a cause for concern.

divJ

Distinguished
BANNED
Mar 25, 2012

okay... well thank you. your knowledge has always been helpful to me ... :p

You're welcome divj.

Killakiwi, I'm here to help but my time is strictly on a volunteer basis, generally trying to get my attention by hijacking somebody else's thread is a not a great way to get my attention.

divJ

Distinguished
BANNED
Mar 25, 2012

tomshardware doesnt allow hijacking a thread... you will surely get the answers fr your problem soon... patience and the right language is the key here...