Sign in with
Your question

8800GT. No Signal to Monitor?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 27, 2012 6:22:32 AM

Hello,

I was playing DotA 2, when all of a sudden the screen shows artifacts and everything freezes. The sound continues to loop as well.

After restarting my computer, my monitor no longer shows anything except the beginning Acer logo. Showing only 'No Signal' briefly.

I'm suspecting that this has something to do with the graphics card, but am not completely sure. The fan on the GPU still spins and I've never had this problem before

Any ideas?

More about : 8800gt signal monitor

February 27, 2012 7:34:27 AM

What are your complete system specifications?

Also, have you checked your temperatures while gaming? Have you been able to get your system to run normally since the crash?
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
a b C Monitor
February 27, 2012 10:54:00 AM

Yes maybe, it's dead, do you have IGP (Integrated graphics), try to boot from it. If it works, replace your GPU :) . Seems like it's not good anymore.
m
l
Related resources
a c 161 Î Nvidia
a c 103 C Monitor
February 27, 2012 10:57:48 AM

Sounds like the card died. If you have access to another computer you can double check that. Other things you can try is reseating the card and reset BIOS to defaults.
m
l
March 6, 2012 3:14:18 AM

Ok, so I managed to fix the no signal to monitor problem by removing and replacing the CMOS battery on the motherboard.

However, the issue still resides. I've noticed that the artifacts occur in other games like Starcraft 2 as well. The GPU temperatures during these sessions seems to be around 70~79ºC. Is that enough to overheat the GPU?

My friends have suggested baking the card to redo the soldering. Does anyone have any experience with that?

Thanks in advance~
m
l
a c 161 Î Nvidia
a c 103 C Monitor
March 6, 2012 10:03:00 AM

Under 80°C is normal load temp (max from 99- 104°C). Many people have baked and usually it will work for a little while. Plenty of guides if you google.
m
l
!