XP as a kiosk installation

I want to install XP on a computer, but the problem is restricting the
public access. I don't want the users to be able to:
- Restart the machine
- Turn it off
- Access anything on the computer

The only thing that should be available is a program (lexicon).
Ctrl-Alt-Del would give the Administrator the possibility to log in, and
get total access to the computer.

Anybody know of some program that would give me the desired result?

--
Roger

mo

"Roger S" <roger_no_spam_skj@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I want to install XP on a computer, but the problem is restricting the
>public access. I don't want the users to be able to:
> - Restart the machine
> - Turn it off
> - Access anything on the computer
>
> The only thing that should be available is a program (lexicon).
> Ctrl-Alt-Del would give the Administrator the possibility to log in, and
> get total access to the computer.
>
> Anybody know of some program that would give me the desired result?
>
> --
> Roger

try here http://www.dougknox.com/ if you can't find info on settings there
check his XP Security Console a shareware program that may help Doug is
MS MVP and good source of info

Roger S schrieb:
> I want to install XP on a computer, but the problem is restricting the
> public access. I don't want the users to be able to:
> - Restart the machine
> - Turn it off
> - Access anything on the computer
>
> The only thing that should be available is a program (lexicon).
> Ctrl-Alt-Del would give the Administrator the possibility to log in, and
> get total access to the computer.
>
> Anybody know of some program that would give me the desired result?
>
> --
> Roger
i think you can realize these restrictions via group policies