XP as a kiosk installation

I want to install XP on a computer, but the problem is restricting the
public access. I don't want the users to be able to:
- Restart the machine
- Turn it off
- Access anything on the computer

The only thing that should be available is a program (lexicon).
Ctrl-Alt-Del would give the Administrator the possibility to log in, and
get total access to the computer.

Anybody know of some program that would give me the desired result?

--
Roger
2 answers Last reply

    "Roger S" <roger_no_spam_skj@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I want to install XP on a computer, but the problem is restricting the
    >public access. I don't want the users to be able to:
    > - Restart the machine
    > - Turn it off
    > - Access anything on the computer
    >
    > The only thing that should be available is a program (lexicon).
    > Ctrl-Alt-Del would give the Administrator the possibility to log in, and
    > get total access to the computer.
    >
    > Anybody know of some program that would give me the desired result?
    >
    > --
    > Roger

    try here http://www.dougknox.com/ if you can't find info on settings there
    check his XP Security Console a shareware program that may help Doug is
    MS MVP and good source of info

    Roger S schrieb:
    > I want to install XP on a computer, but the problem is restricting the
    > public access. I don't want the users to be able to:
    > - Restart the machine
    > - Turn it off
    > - Access anything on the computer
    >
    > The only thing that should be available is a program (lexicon).
    > Ctrl-Alt-Del would give the Administrator the possibility to log in, and
    > get total access to the computer.
    >
    > Anybody know of some program that would give me the desired result?
    >
    > --
    > Roger
    i think you can realize these restrictions via group policies

Configuration Computers Customization Windows XP