My displays keep going out randomly.

NiteScar

Honorable
May 3, 2012
Hey everyone, I built my own system a little over a month ago and in the last 5 days a problem popped up that I have not been able to fix. The two monitors I have connected as well as my tv black out for no reason. The system seems to be running and I still can control the case functions like lights and fans. Here are my specs are as follow:
Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula AMD 990FX AM3+ MB
Processor: AMD FX-8150 X8 3600MHZ 16MB 125W AM3+ (OC: 4ghz)
GPU: XFX Radeon HD 6950 2GB DDR5 PCIe mini DP/HDMI/DVI (DD)
RAM: 16 gbs 1600mhz AMD Entertainment ram
Memory: OS(windows 7)/drivers is on a 120GB SSD and a 2tb HDD for everything else
Case/fans: All regular fans in my CM Storm Trooper case with a HP 80 liquid cooler on the CPU
Power: OCZ Technology ZX Series 1000 Watt Power Supply Modular
Displays: 2 HP x2301 23" Diagonal Micro Thin LED Monitor (third one comes today) one connected MD to DVI the other straight DVI to DVI. and a HDTV which is connected straight HDMI.

I can not figure what is causing this I think it may be the the GPU over heating because it seems to be fine for a while than it goes out and I need to restart the system. Some times it will restart it self and come up with a blue screen error box that has this text that I copied into a sticky note that I can post if requested. I am so lost on what to do next. I was thinking of swapping in an old GPU and see what happens. But if any one has any other things to try, please let me know.

Thanks everyone, Chris.

TRENDING THREADS