Dual 7850 or GTX 680

chulex67

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2011
Theres Always a Rule when Talking about Gpus. Get The Strongest Single Card You Can Afford, So you can upgrade in the future.

In my Case I Find Myself Changing Pc every 2 years so i never upgrade.

In case you wanna Know whats best you have to answer 2 questions.

1.- What Resolution you are using them.

2.- Are you Using Eyefinity Or 3D monitor?.

torchwood_3

Honorable
Apr 8, 2012

Depends if you Get a SLI Motherboard The 680 is by far the best option amy be weaker at the start but you can add a extra card later and 2 680 will own the 7850. even if you dont i would strongly recommend getting a better ati card as the saysing goes always buy the best single card you can afford.

hapkido

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
I don't think getting the single best card you can afford is always the best option. If your budget is $250 or less, sure get the fastest single card you can afford. If your budget is $300 or more, and if you plan appropriately, dual-card setups are usually more powerful. Planning on adding a second card later rarely works out. By the time you're willing/able to upgrade your card is out of production, there are faster cards out already, or both. Then we're back at "buy the fastest single card you can afford".

That being said, I'd recommend 2x7850 over 1x680. Crossfire drivers are a non-issue now, and you'll get more performance for less money.