Logitech G930 Issues

THAVICIOUS1

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2010
Good evening my friends of the TH community, i am here on a quest to get help
for my Logitech G930 wireless headsets, I've emailed Logitech, went to their boards.
searched google even though people had problems like mine but we're similar and
they we're highly successful unlike myself. I am sure you guys have problems with
the G930 as well. I purchased it brand new from Newegg.com

Before i go into detail here are my system specs

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB DDR3
Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Processor, Black Edition 3.3GHz* (4.3GHz OC)
Video Card: Sapphire 100314-3L Radeon HD 6870 1GB
Hard Drive: 1TB Western Digital, 500GB Western Digital, 300GB Seagate (all SATA connections)
Power Supply: Corsair TX850W 850 Watt SLI/Crossfire Certified
Sound Card: Creative Labs Soundblaster X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty
Motherboard: ASUS M4A79XTD EVO (BIOS: 2102)*
DVD Drive(s): Plextor DVD-RW/DL/ Sony DVD-ROM Drive via PATA connections

latestest drivers everything up to date

Here are my current issue problems.

1. Crackling noises in both left and right ear, unplugged it from USB hub to a direct
connection on the back on my PC still have trouble.

2. Streaming youtube.com or youtube live crackling noises
at times the audio fades in my left ear and i only can hear in right ear
regardless of being recorded in mono or stereo.

3. Charging problems had the headset plugged in for 5-6 hours to get a full charge
still see the orange LED flashing letting me know that it's not charged.

4. 7.1 surround sound switch not working anymore, i open the G930 software panel
and it doesn't work when i first got them it worked fine, and also told me when the last
time i had surround sound enabled which i thought was pretty cool! Also i am using
the stock software that came with the headset. the newer software screws up my Logtiech G19
keyboard LCD screen and i have to reinstall all my apps again and the screen is soo screwed up.
__

So far that is the most of the problems i have with it, i really love the headset but dislike
the cons thus far. :( :sweat:

PKP801

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012
Hi,

I have this headset too, and I've had the same problem with the mono headset. Based on some research, I've discovered that the 7.1 is only emulated, and the headset only has 2 speakers (one in each cup). So when you're hearing the mono in youtube, it's the hardware putting the audio to 1 of the 7.1 channels.

I've discovered a solution whereby you have to manually change the surround sound options in Windows to speakers or headphones rather than 7.1 surround. That might fix it up for you.

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Headphones-Headsets-Microphones/An-explaination-of-why-the-G930-has-some-problems-and-what-needs/td-p/658924

As for the crackling, my only guess is some sort of interference by something in the environment, or perhaps your mic is on and it's picking up some ambient noise?

Hope this helps.

THAVICIOUS1

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2010

Hey bro I am having trouble figuring out how to do this it's a little confusing, also my headset won't fully charge, the orange light always stays on,
no matter what i do, is this a bad headset i purchased... just curious thats all bro, and hopefully i can figure out how to do this, i read the post
several times still figuring out how to fix my surround sound, i forgot to mention that the crackling problems probably due to the fact i own a
wireless router that could of been the culprit that could be way it crackles and distorts!

bobbym1951

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
hi all have had the 930 for 12 months no problem but a 2 months ago had the same problem i tried all web sites trying to solve the problem contacted logitech but to no avail very maddening but sorted 1 month ago connected direct to mother board at back of pc problem sorted i hope this helps.

Twinkling Star

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013

I have Logitech Headset G930 as well. Almost brand new too. I kept thinking the headset was not charging as the orange light was staying on.....one normally expects say green to be steady on for a complete charge. I googled "G930 how to charge" and the second item on the search is a PDF FILE with the full instructions on the G930. I do not know how to copy the link to here except my search link
https://www.google.co.uk/search?source=ig&rlz=1G1DSGI_ENUK328&q=G930+how+to+charge&oq=G930+how+to+charge&gs_l=igoogle.3...6429.24136.0.25038.44.13.13.18.26.0.199.1615.0j13.13.0...0.0...1ac.1.bJefcA896kI

Anyway I was very surprised to note that ORANGE LIGHT ON CONTINUOUS = FULLY CHARGED!! Could not believe it! So all this time I have been worrying about nothing......it is fully charged if the orange light is on continuously!
So Green = more than 1 hour remaining
red = less than 1 hour remaining
orange flashing = charging in progress
orange continuous = charge complete
no light = headset off or no charge remaining

Hope this will at least help some of you with some issues.
COME ON LOGITECH.........MOST OF US EXPECT GREEN TO MEAN FULLY CHARGED......sort out these colors ....they just do not make sense and are obviously causing a lot of us confusion!!

Twinkling Star

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
I have Logitech Headset G930 as well. Almost brand new too. I kept thinking the headset was not charging as the orange light was staying on.....one normally expects say green to be steady on for a complete charge. I googled "G930 how to charge" and the second item on the search is a PDF FILE with the full instructions on the G930. I do not know how to copy the link to here except my search link
https://www.google.co.uk/search?sou [...] JefcA896kI

Anyway I was very surprised to note that ORANGE LIGHT ON CONTINUOUS = FULLY CHARGED!! Could not believe it! So all this time I have been worrying about nothing......it is fully charged if the orange light is on continuously!
So Green = more than 1 hour remaining
red = less than 1 hour remaining
orange flashing = charging in progress
orange continuous = charge complete
no light = headset off or no charge remaining

Hope this will at least help some of you with some issues.
COME ON LOGITECH.........MOST OF US EXPECT GREEN TO MEAN FULLY CHARGED......sort out these colors ....they just do not make sense and are obviously causing a lot of us confusion!!

TRENDING THREADS