AMD builds question, always used intel but need to swap

frsty

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2012
Hello, im about to build about 8 computers for an office, and I figured a 8 core AMD would be the best way to go with since the price is good and its a 8 core, we mostly do microsoft office, adobe cs5 and just a lot of constant screen swapping opening up a million things, tracking, flash, etc.

My main question is, Ive build over 50 intel builds, I've NEVER touched AMD, is it a lot different? Is it as basic as Intel builds, drop the CPU in its socket, strap the bracket in, add some thermal paste, screw on a heatsink and boot? Or is there something else I should look up prior to ordering all these parts at once?

frsty

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2012
Their all on dual cores right now and its super slow when we have transcore and a *** ton of apps going like quickbooks and other stuff, ive monitored the stuff, the CPU usage is constantly at 90%+ usage.

Thanks for the link moochan very helpful

You're very welcome.

And since you're not doing any gaming, and if you're not too crazy about speed, I personally find the FX-81xx series to be a very nice option for heavy multi-tasking/rendering on a budget.

Or what muffin suggested :lol: