Sign in with
Your question

Is my ASUS GTX 570 DIRECTCUII 1.2GB Faulty

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 27, 2012 4:49:50 PM

Hi

I have been noticing something to do with shadows in game and it is really starting frustrating. When I approach a building there are shadows moving left to right and vise versa. Please find a video at my you tube page and please give me some help to see if this is perfectly normal or not as I will have to send my card back. Thanks in advance

LINK
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70RurXzD3Jk
a c 181 U Graphics card
February 28, 2012 1:58:49 AM

That is weird. It all most looks like a gust of wind or a ghost. You really can see it when it is dark. It also looks like it is in the rendering of the card. But not for sure.

If you could post your spec's and your PSU brand and the watts. What game was that and does it do it all the time in all of your games?
a c 593 U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
February 28, 2012 1:59:57 AM

Make sure you are using the latest drivers from the Nvidia website.
Related resources
February 28, 2012 9:37:40 AM

DM186 said:
That is weird. It all most looks like a gust of wind or a ghost. You really can see it when it is dark. It also looks like it is in the rendering of the card. But not for sure.

If you could post your spec's and your PSU brand and the watts. What game was that and does it do it all the time in all of your games?

BF3 noticeable all the time and I also noticed it on XBOX 360 so was thinking maybe to do with the games them selfs but surely they would not release games with it its so horrible.

I noticed it slightly in Metro 2033 last night. Red Orchestra 2 I dont see it. And when I turn to static lighting in S.T.A.L.K.E.R it is not there so its something to do with dynamic lighting i think. thanks for your reply and hope you can help me further

Sure thing
CPU-AMD X4 955/STOCK SPEEDS AND FAN
GPU-ASUS GTX 570
PSU- XFX 850 WATT CORE EDITION
MOBO-ASUS M4A78LT-M
RAM-3X2GB @ 1066
CASE-HAF 922
250 HDD Not sure write speed or make.
February 28, 2012 9:38:15 AM

17seconds said:
Make sure you are using the latest drivers from the Nvidia website.

Of course always got the newest drivers
a c 181 U Graphics card
February 29, 2012 1:24:41 AM

user_account_ said:
Again another game and more shadow problems surely this is not normal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNcxyJoJQpE&feature=yout...

I saw the movement on the walls just when you are looking around. In the Nvidia control panel under manage 3D setting. Go to it see if there is anything in there that would make sence to turn on or off.

It does look like it is part of the game but I don't think so because I play Shogun 2 and I don't get anything like what you are getting. When you go to the 3D settings up in the left had corner of your screen is the menu for the help.

This will help you understand what to do and if you don't get answers there go to the Nvidia's web site and look up the help manual for the control panel. If eveything fails then RMA your card.

Or you could try your card on another rig to see if it is still happening there. I know it is a pain to do that but if you RMA it and they say there is nothing wrong you could be spending more money on the card then you need to.
a c 593 U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
February 29, 2012 1:38:32 AM

Definitely play around with the Nvidia Control Panel settings (turn them up):
- Ambient Occlusion
- Anisotropic Filtering
- Antialiasing, including Transparency
- Texture Filtering (set to Quality or High Quality)
- Multi-display/Mixed GPU Acceleration (set to Single Display Performance Mode)
- Vsync (force off)
a c 181 U Graphics card
February 29, 2012 2:30:21 AM

Yeah do what matto17secs is telling you. I don't play the games you guys do there for I don't know too much about the 3D manager since I don't need or play on 3D settings.
!