Sign in with
Your question

Help with new system.

Last response: in Systems
May 3, 2012 6:42:27 PM

Im having all kinds of issues with my new computer build. I keep getting errors when installing windows. When I do get it installed it runs for a little bit and then I start to have issues with my graphics drivers. Then windows will stop booting and I will have to try to reinstall it. I have run Memtest for 8 hrs and It came back with no errors. I also ran Seatools to test my Hard Drive and it came back with no errors. I have changed the sata cable on my hard drive and updated my bios.

My Build:
Core i7 3930K
Asus P9x79 Deluxe
24 GB G Skill DDR3 1600
EVGA GTX 680
PC Power and Cooling Silencer MK II 950W
Seagate ST1000DM003 1 TB

Not sure if its a hard ware or a software issue. Any help would be appreciated.

More about : system

May 5, 2012 5:52:54 AM

Sgt Quackers, sounds like you have a frustrating situation indeed! When installing your OS you should get absolutely ZERO errors. if you run into any errors installing the OS, we need to resolve the issue before proceeding. I'm glad you've already run the memtest and replaced the sata cable on the hard disk. usually when you get errors installing the OS its either because of a read/write problem with the hard disk or install media, or it can also be that your system is overheating. Make sure you are not overclocking anything. by any chance do you have a different video card you could temporarily put in your system and then do a fresh install of windows?
m
l
May 5, 2012 8:13:45 AM

Check your hard drive settings in bios, I don't remember exactly what they are off the top of my head. But I don't mean boot settings. Make sure HDD is in Sata port 1?
It could be ram issues, that much ram sometimes causes funky issues even if they say it can support it.
m
l
May 5, 2012 8:19:41 PM

Thanks for the replies. I figured out that even though memtest said they were fine one of my Ram sticks ended up being bad. With that stick removed everything works great now. Thanks for the help.
m
l
!