Sapphire Trixx question with HD 6850.

Status
Not open for further replies.

killzone2367

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
I was getting some Display driver crashes ever since I purchased a second monitor and started using eyefinity. I read somewhere that this is due to the low voltage on my graphics card. I used Sapphire Trixx and upped the voltage to 1.2 and it worked, no more display driver crashing.
With the success of that method, I decided that I might slightly overclock my graphics card too. I set my GPU clock to 750 Mhz and the Memory clock to 1100 Mhz, and upped the voltage to I believe 1.215, small increment because I wanted to be safe, and hit apply. Suddenly, my graphics card fan goes to 100% and my screen turns black. I did a hard shut down and booted up with no problems at all. I realized the Sapphire Trixx settings didn't apply at start up, so now my display driver crashes like before I changed the voltage.
If I open Sapphire Trixx, will my previous setting apply when I start it up? Don't want to damage the GPU with the voltage that was apparently too high. Thanks for the help! Don't know if my specs will be helpful but I'm using Windows 7 64 bit, 8 GB RAM, Q8300 @ 2.5 Ghz.

Solution
It does it in MSI Afterburner as well. I guess the programs are not that different as one would think. Good luck to ya. And be carefull when you over clock. There are programs out there to help you do OC'ing.

All you have to do is google it. Here on Tom's all you have to do is put it in the serch box at the top and it will bring you to a world of Info on how to OC and what to do.

DM186

Splendid
I don't know about Trixx but in MSI Afterburner I am able to have three saved different settings and when I open it up it aways defaults to setting one. Then I can change it to the one I want.

I don't see where It would cause your GPU any problems. If you have saved that setting it should kick in if it is the default setting. But I am sure I will get some other opinions on here to make 100% sure.

the voltage was NOT the issue the overclock was. might need more voltage or you pushed to far. Trixx applies the last saved setting when its set to run on startup. It tells you its about to apply it and gives you a few seconds to cancel it and keep it at stock settings

killzone2367

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012

So if I were to start up Trixx right now, it would go to stock settings? I think you are right because when this Overclock failed, I had just clicked apply at the bottom, but never confirmed anything after that because the screen was black.

DM186

Splendid
It does it in MSI Afterburner as well. I guess the programs are not that different as one would think. Good luck to ya. And be carefull when you over clock. There are programs out there to help you do OC'ing.

All you have to do is google it. Here on Tom's all you have to do is put it in the serch box at the top and it will bring you to a world of Info on how to OC and what to do.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.