Sign in with
Your question

PC shuts itself down...

Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Components
Last response: in Components
August 17, 2012 10:27:00 PM

Okay so I recently bought a gtx 670 and a noctua fan and that's awesome and everything is working fine when I'm playing diablo 3 but when I turned on max payne 3 the pc shuts itself off and then the same thing happened again when I booted up skyrim, I literally have no idea why this is but I assume its something to do with the power supply :(  this is the one I have:

http://www.octigen.com/products/productdetail.asp?Id=13...

I dont think its powerful enough to run my pc with these games for some reason :( 
If any of you guys can offer any tips/advice I'd really appreciate it, I think I'm going to have to get a new psu but I can only afford to spend around 75 Euro / 100$ ~ If anyone could provide me with a link to a good, reliable psu within my price range that'd be awesome :D 

More about : shuts

August 17, 2012 10:57:43 PM

You need at least 550w minimum from a good brand, not that cheap piece of rubbish. I'd get a Corsair TX 650 v2.
August 17, 2012 11:00:16 PM

Yeah I didnt put it in and only realised recently how crappy it was, my old one blew up back in december and i sent it to a pc repair shop (I know dumb) and I got this pos back :(  Ill have a look at that one thanks for the reply :D 
August 18, 2012 6:20:42 AM

had same problem before, a solid psu should fix the problem, look up the minimum requirement for the card and go up a notch or two, future proof if u ever wanna sli or upgrade ur card
!