lbrookx

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2011
Hello, just purchased this card to set up dual-monitor on my Lenovo H320 (Windows7-64bit). BIOS video options are: IGD, PEG and PCI.
Regardless of BIOS setting, with the new card installed in the PCI-Express slot the system no longer sees my onboard video adapter; I am getting video from the new card and if I remove it, my onboard becomes functional again.
Additionally, once new card is in place, BIOS shows PEG as the ONLY setting (its grey and will not allow change). Any ideas on how to get video signal to output to both would be much appreciated.

p.s. I've also tried this on a Dell Dimension E520 (Windows7-64bit) with the same exact result.

Wyered1

Feb 27, 2012
I'm no video card expert, but I would say you need to have a motherboard that is compatible to crossfire or SLI the onboard chipset and dedicated card. Most likely your store bought system won't be able to do that. You get one or the other. Can you not put both monitors on the dedicated card? Depending on the card, if it only has one type of port you are using, get an adapter to utilize another port on the video card. I suggest using the DVI port (both if there are two) and one of the other ports. (can't make a suggestion because I don't know what is there.)

COLGeek

Cybernaut
When you install a stand-alone video card (in most systems), the system will automatically disable the on-board video adapter.

You should connect both of your monitors to the HD5450 for the dual monitor configuration to work properly (not one to the HD5450 and one to the on-board adapter).

Wyered1

Feb 27, 2012

Didn't I say that?