Upgrading graphics for HTPC

mikefiatx19

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
Hi Guys,
I currently have a ASUS M4N78-AM with an AMD Phenom 9650 Quadcore 2.3GHz processor. I want to use it for a HTPC but it doesnt have a HDMI port. The inbuilt graphics card is a GeForce 8200 and I want to know how best to upgrade to get a HDMI port and decent HD playback.
Also i was thinking, is it worth upgrading or should I go for a new mother board with HDMI, is the CPU worth keeping or should I replace that too?
Any help would be appreciated as I have been out of the PC scene for about 7 years.
The main use of the PC would be web browsing and movie watching. I never use blueray discs and I stream or download everything.
Thanks

mikefiatx19

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012

Hi,
Thanks for the link. I was thinking of maybe spending up to 3 times that much but I would like some decent performance return for the cost. I just dont really know if the Mboard and CPU are worth the effort for what I need and i dont want to just burn $75 if it's not worth it. Would a decent graphics card give me decent HD quality playback without freezing up using the ASUS M4N78-AM with an AMD Phenom 9650 Quadcore 2.3GHz processor and 350 watt PSU?
Thanks