Origin Gaming PCs - Any good?

Solution
Origin is actually IMHO one of the better boutique vendors, and was founded by a group of four guys from the orginal Alienware company [read: pre-Dell].

Yes they're pricey, but super high quality and they back all their products superbly with great customer support and warranties.

http://www.originpc.com/the-origin.asp

Buy if you have the time, try to build yourself. You'll save a lot of $$$.

hapkiman

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
Origin is actually IMHO one of the better boutique vendors, and was founded by a group of four guys from the orginal Alienware company [read: pre-Dell].

Yes they're pricey, but super high quality and they back all their products superbly with great customer support and warranties.

http://www.originpc.com/the-origin.asp

Buy if you have the time, try to build yourself. You'll save a lot of $$$.

Solution

bdbeall

Distinguished
May 27, 2010
You could try digitalstorm.com, avadirect.com, or custompcandrepairs.com. I am sure if you email any of them directly they will probably beat whatever price you can show them elsewhere. I live in Akron,OH and avadirect and custompcandrepairs both quoted me better prices when i gave them the price from cyberpowers site. I ended up going with the custompc one and its been a champ so far. My advice is to shop around for your price.

All of this only if you wont build it yourself. This will be the cheapest route.

zakattak80

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2011

i don't think he would be able to go crossfirex if he has a 77 board with a sand bridge chip. i heard that sli or crossfire well not work if you have a sandy chip in

bdbeall

Distinguished
May 27, 2010

I have seen it done, and i know it works. It just wont be pci-3.0 speeds which are unnecessary anyways. Even Quad Fire cards dont saturate pci-2.0 lanes yet.

octoberhungry

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
Hey thanks for the info guys. Very helpful. I'm tempted to build my own but in past experience (this was 10 plus yrs ago mind) I had major headaches with it and I had more time on my hands back then. Now I haven't really got the time so that's why i'm thinking of going with a prebuilt system. I've got the cash and it'll be my last present to myself before I have to pay for my wedding! After that it's game over!

octoberhungry

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
The build i did for you is pretty much the bees knees...

Yeah it certainly looks it...What about cooling though? Does that case have adequate fans u think? Seems liquid cooling is the rage these days. Is that not really necessary with your build do you think? Thanks again.