Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Origin Gaming PCs - Any good?

Last response: in Systems
May 3, 2012 8:04:25 PM

Anyone ever bought a PC from them? They seem pretty good and they look like a better company than IbuyPower for example. Thanks.

More about : origin gaming pcs good

May 3, 2012 8:10:47 PM

Mainly gaming. Got a budget of around 2.5K. That being dollars.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

May 4, 2012 2:58:56 AM

Origin is actually IMHO one of the better boutique vendors, and was founded by a group of four guys from the orginal Alienware company [read: pre-Dell].

Yes they're pricey, but super high quality and they back all their products superbly with great customer support and warranties.

http://www.originpc.com/the-origin.asp

Buy if you have the time, try to build yourself. You'll save a lot of $$$.
May 4, 2012 4:13:15 AM

You could try digitalstorm.com, avadirect.com, or custompcandrepairs.com. I am sure if you email any of them directly they will probably beat whatever price you can show them elsewhere. I live in Akron,OH and avadirect and custompcandrepairs both quoted me better prices when i gave them the price from cyberpowers site. I ended up going with the custompc one and its been a champ so far. My advice is to shop around for your price.

All of this only if you wont build it yourself. This will be the cheapest route.
m
l
May 4, 2012 4:56:20 AM

i don't think he would be able to go crossfirex if he has a 77 board with a sand bridge chip. i heard that sli or crossfire well not work if you have a sandy chip in
m
l
May 4, 2012 5:07:49 AM

zakattak80 said:
i don't think he would be able to go crossfirex if he has a 77 board with a sand bridge chip. i heard that sli or crossfire well not work if you have a sandy chip in

I have seen it done, and i know it works. It just wont be pci-3.0 speeds which are unnecessary anyways. Even Quad Fire cards dont saturate pci-2.0 lanes yet.
m
l
May 4, 2012 5:12:37 AM

ok i'm not sure where i heard it from but i think it was said on someones overview of the z77 chipset. i might have misunderstood what the host meant, but thought i put it out there.
m
l
May 4, 2012 2:36:01 PM

Hey thanks for the info guys. Very helpful. I'm tempted to build my own but in past experience (this was 10 plus yrs ago mind) I had major headaches with it and I had more time on my hands back then. Now I haven't really got the time so that's why i'm thinking of going with a prebuilt system. I've got the cash and it'll be my last present to myself before I have to pay for my wedding! After that it's game over!
m
l
May 4, 2012 4:15:29 PM

Quote:
The build i did for you is pretty much the bees knees...

Yeah it certainly looks it...What about cooling though? Does that case have adequate fans u think? Seems liquid cooling is the rage these days. Is that not really necessary with your build do you think? Thanks again.
m
l
May 4, 2012 4:21:23 PM

Quote:
There is a H100 liquid cooler in there.. ;) 

The case plenty big and has lots of airflow.

Oh nice! Didn't notice that. Cheers.
m
l
May 14, 2012 11:15:43 AM

Best answer selected by octoberhungry.
m
l
!