Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Asus Xonar Essence STX no sound out of outputs.

Last response: in Components
August 18, 2012 1:24:37 AM

Hi, I just bought and installed the Xonar Essence STX sound card and I just can't seem to get sound out of it with my headphones or speakers. I hear the computer start up sound and it shows me getting sound in the audio center and on my playback devices but I can't hear anything. http://i.imgur.com/WMjMi.png Like that but I actually hear no sound. Could it be a faulty card or am I missing something blatantly obvious. I've tried reseating it, molex connector is 100% plugged in, onboard audio is off, reinstalled drivers and tried the unified xonar drivers. So if anyone could help that would be nice, thank you in advance!

Edit: Got it working!
August 18, 2012 2:02:28 AM

What are your headphones plugged in to? Is there another headphone jack on your PC?
Score
August 18, 2012 5:13:24 AM

I've tried every out on the sound card and even tried the front ones when I plugged the 8 pin audio connector into it.
Score
Related resources
August 20, 2012 5:32:29 AM

mrobinson96 said:
Hi, I just bought and installed the Xonar Essence STX sound card and I just can't seem to get sound out of it with my headphones or speakers. I hear the computer start up sound and it shows me getting sound in the audio center and on my playback devices but I can't hear anything. http://i.imgur.com/WMjMi.png Like that but I actually hear no sound. Could it be a faulty card or am I missing something blatantly obvious. I've tried reseating it, molex connector is 100% plugged in, onboard audio is off, reinstalled drivers and tried the unified xonar drivers. So if anyone could help that would be nice, thank you in advance!

Edit: Got it working!

Hi, was just wondering how you got it to work? I just installed my card also and I get the exact same thing you posted a link to, sound test shows audio registering but can't seem to hear audio out of my sennheisers. Thanks in advance, hopefully you reply back.

Regards

*Edit*

Just figured it out also, wow. Lol.
Score
August 20, 2012 11:55:21 AM

Question: You ARE using RCA compliant speakers/headphones right? Otherwise you'll need to connect using a RCA to TRS converter cable.
Score
August 20, 2012 7:29:51 PM

gamerk316 said:
Question: You ARE using RCA compliant speakers/headphones right? Otherwise you'll need to connect using a RCA to TRS converter cable.

They both got it working.

What did you guys do to get it sorted out? That way if anyone else googles this problem they'll see a solution.
Score
August 20, 2012 10:42:08 PM

trapper said:
They both got it working.

What did you guys do to get it sorted out? That way if anyone else googles this problem they'll see a solution.

You'll have to excuse my general terminology as I am at work and can't remember for the life of me the exact name of the ASUS software. But onto the solution: After downloading the latest drivers from ASUS for the Essence STX, open the software included with the driver package and change the audio setting from 2 channel speaker to headphones and that's it.

I will edit and update this post when I get home and be more specific. But I hope this helps anyone out in the meantime.

@gamerk316: I had my peripherals plugged in properly :D , not sure about the OP but ya I found out many people who first installed their new STX had this little minor first setup inconvenience where they didn't understand why at first they didn't get sound :p 

Regards,
Jaime
Score
!