Closed

Asus Xonar Essence STX no sound out of outputs.

Hi, I just bought and installed the Xonar Essence STX sound card and I just can't seem to get sound out of it with my headphones or speakers. I hear the computer start up sound and it shows me getting sound in the audio center and on my playback devices but I can't hear anything. http://i.imgur.com/WMjMi.png Like that but I actually hear no sound. Could it be a faulty card or am I missing something blatantly obvious. I've tried reseating it, molex connector is 100% plugged in, onboard audio is off, reinstalled drivers and tried the unified xonar drivers. So if anyone could help that would be nice, thank you in advance!

Edit: Got it working!
6 answers Last reply
More about asus xonar essence sound outputs
  1. What are your headphones plugged in to? Is there another headphone jack on your PC?
  2. I've tried every out on the sound card and even tried the front ones when I plugged the 8 pin audio connector into it.
  3. mrobinson96 said:
    Hi, I just bought and installed the Xonar Essence STX sound card and I just can't seem to get sound out of it with my headphones or speakers. I hear the computer start up sound and it shows me getting sound in the audio center and on my playback devices but I can't hear anything. http://i.imgur.com/WMjMi.png Like that but I actually hear no sound. Could it be a faulty card or am I missing something blatantly obvious. I've tried reseating it, molex connector is 100% plugged in, onboard audio is off, reinstalled drivers and tried the unified xonar drivers. So if anyone could help that would be nice, thank you in advance!

Edit: Got it working!

Hi, was just wondering how you got it to work? I just installed my card also and I get the exact same thing you posted a link to, sound test shows audio registering but can't seem to hear audio out of my sennheisers. Thanks in advance, hopefully you reply back.

Regards

*Edit*

Just figured it out also, wow. Lol.
  4. Question: You ARE using RCA compliant speakers/headphones right? Otherwise you'll need to connect using a RCA to TRS converter cable.
  5. gamerk316 said:
    Question: You ARE using RCA compliant speakers/headphones right? Otherwise you'll need to connect using a RCA to TRS converter cable.

They both got it working.

What did you guys do to get it sorted out? That way if anyone else googles this problem they'll see a solution.
  6. trapper said:
    They both got it working.

What did you guys do to get it sorted out? That way if anyone else googles this problem they'll see a solution.

You'll have to excuse my general terminology as I am at work and can't remember for the life of me the exact name of the ASUS software. But onto the solution: After downloading the latest drivers from ASUS for the Essence STX, open the software included with the driver package and change the audio setting from 2 channel speaker to headphones and that's it.

I will edit and update this post when I get home and be more specific. But I hope this helps anyone out in the meantime.

@gamerk316: I had my peripherals plugged in properly :D, not sure about the OP but ya I found out many people who first installed their new STX had this little minor first setup inconvenience where they didn't understand why at first they didn't get sound :P

Regards,
    Jaime
Ask a new question

Read More

Sound Cards Components