Forum not available - is this the case of bandwidth problem?

SSri

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010
"Sorry. The forum is not available" is a major irritant and blows away my interest in contributing to the community. About 90% of time, we get this annoying error message and suddenly the reply becomes successful.

Initially I thought this could be a bug. If it is, I am puzzled to see the post going through once in a while. This makes me wonder if the failure to post successfully is the result of bandwidth limitations?

Only the web admin staff can clarify this doubt I suppose.

randomizer

Champion
In my experience the post always goes through, even if this message appears, which it does very frequently.

EDIT: Actually, this might be a different error. There seem to be a couple floating around...

SSri

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010

Thanks.

There seems to be variants to the errors, while all of them show the same message, which is "sorry....click here to go back to the previous screen or something like that".

The list below is independent of each other; while the error messages are the same; the posts would never be published as long as the error message pops up on the screen. The reply or a new post would be published if and only if the screen shows that "your reply has been successfully posted". But, what happens to the reply that we complied if screen shows an error. We get different outcomes.

(1) Clicking the back button on the browser keeps the composed reply intact
(2) Clicking the back button on the browser make the composed reply disappear :fou:
(3) Clicking the link on the displayed message screen keeps the composed reply intact
(4) Clicking the link on the displayed message screen results in the composed reply disappearing : :cry:
(5) Preview always keeps the composed display. :pfff:

All of these are recent developments, say as early as 2 weeks. I never had these problems before. I believe this story is the same for members across the world, unless it is bandwidth problem or a server problem. If this is not a bandwidth problem, it is definitely a backend server code problem.

BTW, this problem is insignificant in the morning. In fact, I do not experience these problems if I hit the forum in the morning (say before 9). This once again makes the "bandwidth" a suspect :D