Stock fan way too noisy.

mucles

Honorable
Apr 9, 2012
Hello! I have an AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE, a very good CPU, but, the fan from the stock heatsink is way too noisy under load.
My cooler looks like this:
stock-hsf.jpg

Temps & Speeds:
Idle: 33c @4000RPM(room temp: 28c)
Full Load: 59c @6100RPM(room temp 28c)
I just want to change my stock fan with a quiet one but with same cooling performance.
But if I get another fan, how the heck will I install in on amd stock heatsink? :??:
If you can find a good fan for me:
1. Same or better cooling performance.
2. Quiet under load.
3. Fit my heatsink.
If it's better to change the whole cooler, can you suggest a good one? With same or better performance and quiet, BUT NOT EXPENSIVE... I don't want to spend alot of money on a cooler.
+ I have a Segotep SG-960D Case.

langley8

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2012
hey i have the exact same problem and im hoping to resolve it by getting a new cpu cooler.
http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Components/Coolers+-+Air/CPU+Coolers/Cooler+Master+Hyper+TX3+EVO+Quiet+CPU+Cooler+?productId=47249

i'm not a genius when it comes to this sort of stuff but im guessing because the heatsink is quite small and the fan is too. because of this the fan has to rotate more to keep the cpu cool. and so i think you will have to buy a new cooler with a larger heatsink and fan. i hope what i have said is relatively correct and can help you with ur problem.