Accessig web w/unlocked phone

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
July 28, 2005 2:06:07 PM

Hello Everyone. I have a small problem. I would like to be able to
perform web access on my Unlocked/Unbranded Razr V3. I don't need to be
doing heavy web access but I do need it on occasion. My Cingular
store (company store) won't help (claim they don't know the settings to
enter) and customer service won't even acknowledge it can be done. I
can easily access all of the network settings but had no idea what to
enter or where to find it.

Can anyone offer any suggestions or information. I'd really appreciate
it. Thank you in advance.

(And thanks to those who were kind enough to answer my last question
regarding locked/unlocked phones and roaming concerns. You all helped a
lot. :->.

John
Anonymous
July 28, 2005 7:55:46 PM

In article <RqCdnXPp5Y_Me3XfRVn-vA@adelphia.com>,
JohnK <johnkpa@adelphia.net> wrote:
>Hello Everyone. I have a small problem. I would like to be able to
>perform web access on my Unlocked/Unbranded Razr V3. I don't need to be
>doing heavy web access but I do need it on occasion. My Cingular
>store (company store) won't help (claim they don't know the settings to
>enter) and customer service won't even acknowledge it can be done. I
>can easily access all of the network settings but had no idea what to
>enter or where to find it.
>
>Can anyone offer any suggestions or information. I'd really appreciate
>it. Thank you in advance.

https://secure.mouse2mobile.com/clients/newcingular/ota...
July 28, 2005 7:55:47 PM

MIKE - THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! MISSION ACCOMPLISHED :-)

Mike S. wrote:
> In article <RqCdnXPp5Y_Me3XfRVn-vA@adelphia.com>,
> JohnK <johnkpa@adelphia.net> wrote:
>
>>Hello Everyone. I have a small problem. I would like to be able to
>>perform web access on my Unlocked/Unbranded Razr V3. I don't need to be
>>doing heavy web access but I do need it on occasion. My Cingular
>>store (company store) won't help (claim they don't know the settings to
>>enter) and customer service won't even acknowledge it can be done. I
>>can easily access all of the network settings but had no idea what to
>>enter or where to find it.
>>
>>Can anyone offer any suggestions or information. I'd really appreciate
>>it. Thank you in advance.
>

> https://secure.mouse2mobile.com/clients/newcingular/ota...
Related resources
July 28, 2005 7:55:48 PM

Mike, (and everyone)

Ahh. Mission not accomplished. I can access Cingular's Media Web but
nothing else. I want to put in a URL for a weather radar site and it
tells me the page can not be displayed.

If I do this from a friends branded/locked phone it works fine.

Both phones are V3's.

Any other ideas/suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks again.

JohnK wrote:
> MIKE - THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! MISSION ACCOMPLISHED :-)
>
> Mike S. wrote:
>
>> In article <RqCdnXPp5Y_Me3XfRVn-vA@adelphia.com>,
>> JohnK <johnkpa@adelphia.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello Everyone. I have a small problem. I would like to be able to
>>> perform web access on my Unlocked/Unbranded Razr V3. I don't need to
>>> be doing heavy web access but I do need it on occasion. My
>>> Cingular store (company store) won't help (claim they don't know the
>>> settings to enter) and customer service won't even acknowledge it can
>>> be done. I can easily access all of the network settings but had no
>>> idea what to enter or where to find it.
>>>
>>> Can anyone offer any suggestions or information. I'd really
>>> appreciate it. Thank you in advance.
>>

>> https://secure.mouse2mobile.com/clients/newcingular/ota...

Anonymous
July 28, 2005 7:55:49 PM

I just picked my isp home page www.ptd.net at random and was surprised
to see links and even the logo appear so I guess it will work for sure
(it's a SwissCom RAZR).

Now here is the odd part. I originally got it working good enough to
download ringtones but it failed with an error on the
http://device.home homepage.

Everything was entered correctly and still didn't work so I just
retyped the setting for device.home and it worked fine after that.

So, if you can figure out what setting is hanging you up, re-enter it.
There are also a few entries that must be in caps.

I'm really surprised cingular was not helpful because they patiently
helped me set up my first one, step by step.

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 13:47:07 -0400, JohnK <johnkpa@adelphia.net>
wrote:

>Mike, (and everyone)
>
>Ahh. Mission not accomplished. I can access Cingular's Media Web but
>nothing else. I want to put in a URL for a weather radar site and it
>tells me the page can not be displayed.
>
>If I do this from a friends branded/locked phone it works fine.
>
>Both phones are V3's.
>
>Any other ideas/suggestions would be most appreciated.
>
>Thanks again.
>
>JohnK wrote:
>> MIKE - THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! MISSION ACCOMPLISHED :-)
>>
>> Mike S. wrote:

>>> https://secure.mouse2mobile.com/clients/newcingular/ota...

Anonymous
July 28, 2005 8:36:52 PM

Mike S. <retsuhcs@xinap.moc> wrote:
> https://secure.mouse2mobile.com/clients/newcingular/ota...

Odd site. Most of the links are broken, pointing to the old AT&T site, and
yet it is crafted to look like an official cingular site.

--
---