Epson 1280 dimensions of prints

I have an Epson 1280 using the latest drivers. No matter what program I try
to print from, the dimensions of the final print are always slightly
different from what I specified. Is there a way to fix this?
7 answers Last reply
More about epson 1280 dimensions prints

    "+++Bobby "O"+++" <rmo555@cox.net> wrote in message
    | I have an Epson 1280 using the latest drivers. No matter what program I
    try
    | to print from, the dimensions of the final print are always slightly
    | different from what I specified. Is there a way to fix this?

    You need to tell what it is you're trying to do and what *specifically*
    happens that you're not happy with. No one can help you given the (lack of)
    information you've provided.

    OK, for instance:

    1. In MS Word, I want to print a graphic exactly 4"x6". I specify 4"x6"
    but, when it prints, the graphic prints 1/16" to 1/8" off.

    2. In Photoshop, the same thing happens.

    Is there any other information that is appropriate?

    | OK, for instance:
    |
    | 1. In MS Word, I want to print a graphic exactly 4"x6". I specify 4"x6"
    | but, when it prints, the graphic prints 1/16" to 1/8" off.
    |
    | 2. In Photoshop, the same thing happens.
    |
    | Is there any other information that is appropriate?
    |

    | "Raymond J. Johnson Jr." <RayJay@nospam.org> wrote in message
    | > "+++Bobby "O"+++" <rmo555@cox.net> wrote in message
    | > | I have an Epson 1280 using the latest drivers. No matter what program
    | > try
    | > | to print from, the dimensions of the final print are always slightly
    | > | different from what I specified. Is there a way to fix this?
    | > |

    | > You need to tell what it is you're trying to do and what *specifically*
    | > happens that you're not happy with. No one can help you given the (lack
    | > of)
    | > information you've provided.

    Maybe I'm a little thick, but I'm still not seeing what you're trying to do.
    How do you specify a graphic's size in Word? Where do you specify the size?

    On a blank page of "Word", insert a picture (jpeg or tif will do). Right
    click on it, right click on Format Picture and one of the tabs will allow
    you to size the picture (tab reads Size). If I want it to print 4"x6", the
    final output will be something other than that. Since you can specify a
    photo size to, at least, three decimal points, the resulting printed photo
    should be very precise. The same should be true in Photoshop.

    > "+++Bobby "O"+++" <rmo555@cox.net> wrote in message
    > | OK, for instance:
    > |
    > | 1. In MS Word, I want to print a graphic exactly 4"x6". I specify
    > 4"x6"
    > | but, when it prints, the graphic prints 1/16" to 1/8" off.
    > |
    > | 2. In Photoshop, the same thing happens.
    > |
    > | Is there any other information that is appropriate?
    > |

    > | "Raymond J. Johnson Jr." <RayJay@nospam.org> wrote in message
    > | > "+++Bobby "O"+++" <rmo555@cox.net> wrote in message
    > program
    > | > try
    > | > |

    > | > You need to tell what it is you're trying to do and what
    > *specifically*
    > | > happens that you're not happy with. No one can help you given the
    > (lack
    > | > of)
    > | > information you've provided.
    > | >

    > Maybe I'm a little thick, but I'm still not seeing what you're trying to
    > do.
    > How do you specify a graphic's size in Word? Where do you specify the
    > size?

    Bobby

    You have a sloppy printer.. I just printed a 6 cm x 8cm pic on my HP 5150c
    and that is exactly the size of the pic printed..

    > On a blank page of "Word", insert a picture (jpeg or tif will do). Right
    > click on it, right click on Format Picture and one of the tabs will allow
    > you to size the picture (tab reads Size). If I want it to print 4"x6",
    > the final output will be something other than that. Since you can specify
    > a photo size to, at least, three decimal points, the resulting printed
    > photo should be very precise. The same should be true in Photoshop.
    >

    > "Raymond J. Johnson Jr." <RayJay@nospam.org> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "+++Bobby "O"+++" <rmo555@cox.net> wrote in message
    >> | OK, for instance:
    >> |
    >> | 1. In MS Word, I want to print a graphic exactly 4"x6". I specify
    >> 4"x6"
    >> | but, when it prints, the graphic prints 1/16" to 1/8" off.
    >> |
    >> | 2. In Photoshop, the same thing happens.
    >> |
    >> | Is there any other information that is appropriate?
    >> |

    >> | "Raymond J. Johnson Jr." <RayJay@nospam.org> wrote in message
    >> program
    >> slightly
    >> | > |

    >> *specifically*
    >> (lack
    >> | >

    >> Maybe I'm a little thick, but I'm still not seeing what you're trying to
    >> do.
    >> How do you specify a graphic's size in Word? Where do you specify the
    >> size?

    "+++Bobby "O"+++" <rmo555@cox.net> wrote in message
    | On a blank page of "Word", insert a picture (jpeg or tif will do). Right
    | click on it, right click on Format Picture and one of the tabs will allow
    | you to size the picture (tab reads Size). If I want it to print 4"x6",
    the
    | final output will be something other than that. Since you can specify a
    | photo size to, at least, three decimal points, the resulting printed photo
    | should be very precise. The same should be true in Photoshop.
    |

    | "Raymond J. Johnson Jr." <RayJay@nospam.org> wrote in message
    | >
    | > "+++Bobby "O"+++" <rmo555@cox.net> wrote in message
    | > | OK, for instance:
    | > |
    | > | 1. In MS Word, I want to print a graphic exactly 4"x6". I specify
    | > 4"x6"
    | > | but, when it prints, the graphic prints 1/16" to 1/8" off.
    | > |
    | > | 2. In Photoshop, the same thing happens.
    | > |
    | > | Is there any other information that is appropriate?
    | > |
    | > |
    | > | "Raymond J. Johnson Jr." <RayJay@nospam.org> wrote in message
    | > program
    | > | > |

    | > *specifically*
    | > (lack

    | > |

    | > Maybe I'm a little thick, but I'm still not seeing what you're trying to
    | > do.
    | > How do you specify a graphic's size in Word? Where do you specify the
    | > size?

    I agree with Mike; the fact that you're getting similar results in different
    applications points in that direction. You should experiment and see if the
    results are linear; perhaps you can compensate for the error by correcting
    the settings.

    > "+++Bobby "O"+++" <rmo555@cox.net> wrote in message
    > | On a blank page of "Word", insert a picture (jpeg or tif will do).
    > Right
    > | click on it, right click on Format Picture and one of the tabs will
    > allow
    > | you to size the picture (tab reads Size). If I want it to print 4"x6",
    > the
    > | final output will be something other than that. Since you can specify a
    > | photo size to, at least, three decimal points, the resulting printed
    > photo
    > | should be very precise. The same should be true in Photoshop.
    > |

    > | "Raymond J. Johnson Jr." <RayJay@nospam.org> wrote in message
    > | >
    > | > "+++Bobby "O"+++" <rmo555@cox.net> wrote in message
    > | > |
    > | > 4"x6"
    > | > |
    > | > |
    > | > |
    > | > |
    > | > program
    > slightly
    > | > | > |

    > | > *specifically*
    > | > (lack
    > | > | >

    > | > |

    > | > Maybe I'm a little thick, but I'm still not seeing what you're trying
    > | > do.
    > | > How do you specify a graphic's size in Word? Where do you specify the
    > | > size?
    > | >

    > I agree with Mike; the fact that you're getting similar results in
    > different
    > applications points in that direction. You should experiment and see if
    > the
    > results are linear; perhaps you can compensate for the error by correcting
    > the settings.

    Guess that's what I'll have to do. Thanks.........

Configuration Epson Microsoft Customization Windows XP