Which motherboard?

SkilledBlood

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
So far I got these parts;

Cooler Master HAF X Ultra Gaming Case
Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600 Mhz Dual DDR3 Memory Kit (RED)
Corsair Gaming Series GS800 80+ Certified 800Watts Power Supply
Corsair H40 Hydro High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
Intel Core i7-2600K 3.40GHz (Sandybridge) Socket LGA1155 Processor - Retail
WD Caviar Green 1TB 64 MB Cache SATA III Hard Drive

Which costs 937€

Now I am looking for a good motherboard that won't make me spend more than 1100€.

Any suggestions if I should downgrade anything or wait for a little more budget? Thanks.

rvilkman

Distinguished
Couple of things to take into account:

The HAF X is huge, and costly. For almost the same looks and most of the space, consider HAF932 ( could save some )

CPU cooler: You won't really gain much benefit with the closed loop cooler, a good air cooler will work for you just as well, especially in a large ventilated case.
So you could consider air coolers in the 30-40 range.

CPU: If you are going for strictly gaming, the i5-2500k will be just as fine. Also since ivy bridge is out you 'might' want to go with i5 3570K instead.

HDD: unless that is for purely storage and not OS i would really consider either and SSD for OS/SW drive. The green drives are not known for their speed.

Motherboard: Take a look at the latest Z77 article at tomshardware.com, and choose one of the top 3 based on your liking. Should nicely fit your budget.

No GPU is listed so I assume you plan on getting one at a later date or already have one etc.

SkilledBlood

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012

Case: I will keep the HAF X because I always wanted it, but thanks for the suggestion.

CPU Cooler: Do you think this will do the job? Corsair A70 CPU Cooler Air Series

CPU : Do you think I will see alot of difference between the i5-2500k and the i7-2600k?

HDD: I was gonna use it for the OS aswell. Do you think changing it to Seagate Barracuda 1TB 64 MB Cache SATA III Hard Drive will be better and getting a OCZ AGILITY 3 60 GB SATA III 2.5" SSD for the OS?

MOBO: Can I have the link please? Thanks.

g-unit1111

Titan
HDD: I was gonna use it for the OS aswell. Do you think changing it to Seagate Barracuda 1TB 64 MB Cache SATA III Hard Drive will be better and getting a OCZ AGILITY 3 60 GB SATA III 2.5" SSD for the OS?

That's much better but get a different SSD. OCZ Agility drives are not known for their stability. Go with a 64GB Crucial M4 instead.

CPU Cooler: Do you think this will do the job? Corsair A70 CPU Cooler Air Series

Yeah that will be fine - the closed liquid loops aren't the best deal when strong air fans will give you the same result.

Motherboard: Take a look at the latest Z77 article at tomshardware.com, and choose one of the top 3 based on your liking. Should nicely fit your budget.

I bought the Asrock Extreme 4 based off that article - installing it next week. :bounce:

SkilledBlood

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012

Does Newegg sends to Malta?

SkilledBlood

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
Do you guys think this MOBO is any good?

http://www.ultramalta.com/Gigabyte-Z68AP-D3-DDR3-Motherboard-Socket-1155-_p_598.html#

TRENDING THREADS