Please Help: Installer keeps running!

Hello,
This is the 3rd group I've posted two in three weeks. I didn't
get an answer in either of the other groups.

I'm using XP Home and Office 2000. Since installing an add-in
for Outlook, everytime I start Outlook, the Windows Installer runs and
the Office Installer runs.

How do I get those installers to stop running?

<*((((><{
Fishy@Ocean.Net
6 answers Last reply
More about please help installer running

    Go to run,type:services.msc In msc,scroll down to windows installer,
    double click on it,in the properties window,select manual from the auto
    position its now probably in,then select stop service (L.upper corner),close
    out.Office installer is probably located in msc too,L.click a service,then
    the
    description of it will show,do his to locate office installer.

    "Fishy" wrote:

    > Hello,
    > This is the 3rd group I've posted two in three weeks. I didn't
    > get an answer in either of the other groups.
    >
    > I'm using XP Home and Office 2000. Since installing an add-in
    > for Outlook, everytime I start Outlook, the Windows Installer runs and
    > the Office Installer runs.
    >
    > How do I get those installers to stop running?
    >

    > <*((((><{
    > Fishy@Ocean.Net

    See if "Detect and Repair" feature of Office helps. If not, see:

    Windows Installer Cleanup Utility - Description:
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/msiclean.htm

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Fishy" <<*(((({_~_~_~_@ocean.net> wrote in message news:3ocar0dsqfa1ofjrk40952u9ce8gtvjd5s@4ax.com...
    Hello,
    This is the 3rd group I've posted two in three weeks. I didn't
    get an answer in either of the other groups.

    I'm using XP Home and Office 2000. Since installing an add-in
    for Outlook, everytime I start Outlook, the Windows Installer runs and
    the Office Installer runs.

    How do I get those installers to stop running?

    <*((((><{
    Fishy@Ocean.Net

    Detect and Repair did not work.

    I downloaded the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility and ran it. It did
    not work.

    The Windows Installer runs, and the Office 2000 Installer runs, ONLY
    when I start Outlook 2000. Never when I start Excel or Word. This
    happened only AFTER I downloaded an Outlook 2000 add-in designed to
    convert all my contacts from one form to a specially-designed form.
    The conversion is finished. I've unloaded the add-in.

    The Installers keep running!

    Is there an msi file or a reg entry I can fiddle with to get it to
    stop?

    <*((((><{
    Fishy@Ocean.Net

    In the last exciting episode on Tue, 7 Dec 2004 13:47:37 +0530,
    "Ramesh [MVP]" <ramesh@nojunkmails.com@mvps.org> wrote:

    |See if "Detect and Repair" feature of Office helps. If not, see:
    |
    |Windows Installer Cleanup Utility - Description:
    |http://windowsxp.mvps.org/msiclean.htm

    |--
    |Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    |Windows XP Shell/User
    |http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    |"Fishy" <<*(((({_~_~_~_@ocean.net> wrote in message news:3ocar0dsqfa1ofjrk40952u9ce8gtvjd5s@4ax.com...
    |Hello,
    |This is the 3rd group I've posted two in three weeks. I didn't
    |get an answer in either of the other groups.
    |
    |I'm using XP Home and Office 2000. Since installing an add-in
    |for Outlook, everytime I start Outlook, the Windows Installer runs and
    |the Office Installer runs.
    |
    |How do I get those installers to stop running?
    |

    |<*((((><{
    |Fishy@Ocean.Net

    Windows Installer Issues (Line 348) Right hand side

    "Every time I launch my application, Windows Installer performs an
    installation. How can I determine the cause of the on-demand installation?"
    in the FAQ at:

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/community/centers/management/msi_faq.mspx

    --
    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    > Detect and Repair did not work.
    >
    > I downloaded the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility and ran it. It did
    > not work.
    >
    > The Windows Installer runs, and the Office 2000 Installer runs, ONLY
    > when I start Outlook 2000. Never when I start Excel or Word. This
    > happened only AFTER I downloaded an Outlook 2000 add-in designed to
    > convert all my contacts from one form to a specially-designed form.
    > The conversion is finished. I've unloaded the add-in.
    >
    > The Installers keep running!
    >
    > Is there an msi file or a reg entry I can fiddle with to get it to
    > stop?
    >
    > <*((((><{
    > Fishy@Ocean.Net
    >

    > In the last exciting episode on Tue, 7 Dec 2004 13:47:37 +0530,
    > "Ramesh [MVP]" <ramesh@nojunkmails.com@mvps.org> wrote:
    >
    > |See if "Detect and Repair" feature of Office helps. If not, see:
    > |
    > |Windows Installer Cleanup Utility - Description:
    > |http://windowsxp.mvps.org/msiclean.htm
    > |
    > |--
    > |Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > |Windows XP Shell/User
    > |http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    > |

    > |"Fishy" <<*(((({_~_~_~_@ocean.net> wrote in message
    > |Hello,
    > |This is the 3rd group I've posted two in three weeks. I didn't
    > |get an answer in either of the other groups.
    > |
    > |I'm using XP Home and Office 2000. Since installing an add-in
    > |for Outlook, everytime I start Outlook, the Windows Installer runs and
    > |the Office Installer runs.
    > |
    > |How do I get those installers to stop running?
    > |

    > |<*((((><{
    > |Fishy@Ocean.Net

    >> I downloaded the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility and ran it

    Which entry did you remove in the MSI Cleanup tool?

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Fishy" <<*(((({_~_~_~_@ocean.net> wrote in message news:s4rcr018q0ass1q8p9n70tiicvu6or6ih5@4ax.com...
    Detect and Repair did not work.

    I downloaded the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility and ran it. It did
    not work.

    The Windows Installer runs, and the Office 2000 Installer runs, ONLY
    when I start Outlook 2000. Never when I start Excel or Word. This
    happened only AFTER I downloaded an Outlook 2000 add-in designed to
    convert all my contacts from one form to a specially-designed form.
    The conversion is finished. I've unloaded the add-in.

    The Installers keep running!

    Is there an msi file or a reg entry I can fiddle with to get it to
    stop?

    <*((((><{
    Fishy@Ocean.Net

    In the last exciting episode on Tue, 7 Dec 2004 13:47:37 +0530,
    "Ramesh [MVP]" <ramesh@nojunkmails.com@mvps.org> wrote:

    |See if "Detect and Repair" feature of Office helps. If not, see:
    |
    |Windows Installer Cleanup Utility - Description:
    |http://windowsxp.mvps.org/msiclean.htm

    |--
    |Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    |Windows XP Shell/User
    |http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    |"Fishy" <<*(((({_~_~_~_@ocean.net> wrote in message news:3ocar0dsqfa1ofjrk40952u9ce8gtvjd5s@4ax.com...
    |Hello,
    |This is the 3rd group I've posted two in three weeks. I didn't
    |get an answer in either of the other groups.
    |
    |I'm using XP Home and Office 2000. Since installing an add-in
    |for Outlook, everytime I start Outlook, the Windows Installer runs and
    |the Office Installer runs.
    |
    |How do I get those installers to stop running?
    |

    |<*((((><{
    |Fishy@Ocean.Net

    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! A million thanks!

    <*((((><{
    Fishy@Ocean.Net

    |"Fishy" wrote:

    |> Hello,
    |> This is the 3rd group I've posted two in three weeks. I didn't
    |> get an answer in either of the other groups.
    |>
    |> I'm using XP Home and Office 2000. Since installing an add-in
    |> for Outlook, everytime I start Outlook, the Windows Installer runs and
    |> the Office Installer runs.
    |>
    |> How do I get those installers to stop running?
    |>

    |> <*((((><{
    |> Fishy@Ocean.Net

Configuration Installer Outlook Office Windows XP