Display Issues

chanuka

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2011
Hi guys, I having some issues with my display and it's very irritating. :fou:

I have a MSI GT 240 DDR3 VGA and i'm using a Samsung S19A300N LED monitor. I'm having some flickering issues and the colours get messes up after using for about 10 minutes.

I can't do anything with my PC these days because every time i use my PC, the monitor blinks which gives me the idea that the problem has occurred and then the colours get messed up. The PC works like that for about a minute and then freezes the whole system leaving it dead. After i restart i can't even log in to the system without any issue since it gets stuck in the welcome screen.

Please tell me the reason for this issue ASAP. :(

I also tried my monitor with the laptop and used it in the monitors native resolution without any issue. I'm using the latest Nvidia drivers(R295).

Another thing is that i tried using different drivers and during that time when i remove the drivers and when it uses the normal VGA adapter drivers which doesn't give a good resolution or a picture the colours doesn't get messed up

Here are some pictures of the issue.

pW3Yd.jpg

NBjEZ.jpg

82fsG.jpg

Dogsnake

Distinguished
Are you using the DVI port on the card? Have you over clocked the card? From what you say, you have checked and the monitor is good. These artifacts are usually gpu related. What resolution are you trying to run? 1366x768 is the native resolution.

chanuka

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2011
No i'm using the VGA port since it only has that port. No i haven't overclocked the VGA. I'm using the the monitors native resolution 1366z768. I also connectedthe PC to the TVs PC in and launched MW2. In the menu screen it froze with the the colours of the mans picture(Ghost/soldier as i remember) messed up.

Is it clearly my VGA or do i have to check my monitor again ?

Shpati

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
I had some experience with bad monitors, and the issue was always the monitor. But you said it was working fine with your laptop, so it cannot actually be the monitor. It has to be the GPU.

Here are some things you can try before you buy a new GPU:

1.) Try to boot it in safe mode.

2.) Make sure you did not overclock any of your components and make sure they are not overclocked. I overclocked before and if you go to extreme and can cause some corruption display.

3.) Try different kinds of cables (HDMI, DVI)

4.) Take out your GPU, clean it up, and put it back in correctly

5.) Try a different GPU from a friend.

If none of those work just reformat your computer. And if that does not work, you probably have to buy a new GPU.

It sucks, but computer parts break.

I know is sucks man, I feel your pain.

Shpati

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008

I am not a expert like some others on these boards; but in my experiences, I think it might be a driver corruption. I never had a Nvidia graphics card. I always used ATI.

Have you tried a clean driver install (Uninstall your graphics driver completely, reboot, do a fresh install, reboot again)?

chanuka

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2011
Can't even login to Windows. Freezes in th welcome screen and then the colours get messed up everywhere. I also formatted the PC and installed the latest driver provied by MSI and the same thing occurred

Dogsnake

Distinguished
Your MB has integrated graphics. Have you tried testing the monitor with the on-board graphics chip? You would have to remove the graphics card first. If the monitor works as it should, install it and make sure you deselect the on-board chip in the bios. Use the DV-I connecter on the MB or the HDMI (http://ark.intel.com/products/42409/Intel-Desktop-Board-DH55HC); Please post the model number of your card because every version I can find has DVI and HDMI ports in addition to VGA.

chanuka

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2011

My motherboard does not have an Onboard VGA. What is listed in the site is confusing. If i want to use onboard graphics i need a Processor with integrated graphics. I don't have such processor. My processor is Core i5 760. It doesn't have onboard graphics so the ports on the motherboard are useless to me.

MY VGA - http://www.msi.com/product/vga/VN240GT-MD1G-.html#/?div=Overview

I has both DVI and HDMI but my monitor only supports VGA. That's why i can't use the other two ports.

Can my PSU cause the VGA to act strangely(Incorrect Voltage) ?

Don't...
Bump posts
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/283384-33-read-first