Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

New Gaming pc mid-end Build HELP~

Last response: in Systems
Share
May 4, 2012 10:54:16 AM

Need some help in my build. any Advice ?


Motherboard = Asus P8Z77-M
Processor = Intel I5-3570k
Ram = Kingstone Hyper X 1600MHz 2GBx2 4GBkit
Storage = Intel 330 Series 120GB SSD
Casing = Cooler Master HAF 912 Advanced
Power Supply = Seasonic x660 660WATT
Graphic card = Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD 6850 or HD7000 Series ?
Cooler = Corsair Hydro Series H60 < Should i get a Cooler ?

More about : gaming mid end build

May 4, 2012 11:10:06 AM

Is this for gaming?

Mobo: Tom's review is a three-way tie between Z77 Extreme6, Z77A-GD65, and Z77H2-A2X.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/z77-extreme6-z77a-gd65-z7....

I would take ASRock z77-Extreme 6 or Gigabyte. Look at the link above.

RAM: My personal choice would be G.Skills Ripjaws 2x4GB

SSD: Samsung 830 is a pretty reliable SSD. It is a little expensive but worth it.

Graphics Card: Either of those or a beast eVGA GTX 680 (not available at the moment).

Cooler: It is always a good idea to get a good after-market cooler. This is esp important if you are overclocking. Note IB cpu runs hotter than SB if you are overclocking. Cooler Master H612 would be my recommendation. It costs about $50. Other expensive chocies are Corsair H100 or Noctua DH-D14.

m
0
l
May 4, 2012 11:18:49 AM

Due to recent drops in prices, also take a look at 256GB SSD's as you only seem to put in a single drive.
The Samsung 830 256GB for example has been available at good prices. Crucial M4 256 as well.

The PSU listed is pricy but definately worth every penny.

As for the GPU, it's all based on what resolution you will be gaming at and what is your budget.
For something in the middle range( $200 ) i would go with wither 6950 or 560Ti.
And then if you have a little more to spend, the 7850 and 7870 are attractive choices.
Any of these will play at 1920x1200 with high to max settings.

Unfortunately the reasonably priced Nvidia kepler based cards won't be available for a while still.

pretty much +1 otherwise for SSri:s comments.

You will want an aftermarket cooler for your CPU. However you can easily go as low as Cooler Master Hyper 212+ as well in the ~$20-30 range.
It will still be much better than the stock cooler.
m
0
l
Related resources
May 4, 2012 11:30:13 AM

Yes is for Gaming. like for Battlefield 3 or COD
Im not look for expensive one. i got a limited budget
Yes im going to overclock it.
m
0
l
May 4, 2012 11:33:18 AM

what is your budget? Are the above recommendations + your specs combo fit in to your budget
m
0
l
May 4, 2012 11:40:24 AM

SSri said:
what is your budget? Are the above recommendations + your specs combo fit in to your budget

my budget is about 1000$+. lf there is anything that even worth. i would throw in some extra cash.
m
0
l
May 4, 2012 11:49:27 AM

rvilkman said:
Due to recent drops in prices, also take a look at 256GB SSD's as you only seem to put in a single drive.
The Samsung 830 256GB for example has been available at good prices. Crucial M4 256 as well.

The PSU listed is pricy but definately worth every penny.

As for the GPU, it's all based on what resolution you will be gaming at and what is your budget.
For something in the middle range( $200 ) i would go with wither 6950 or 560Ti.
And then if you have a little more to spend, the 7850 and 7870 are attractive choices.
Any of these will play at 1920x1200 with high to max settings.

Unfortunately the reasonably priced Nvidia kepler based cards won't be available for a while still.

pretty much +1 otherwise for SSri:s comments.

You will want an aftermarket cooler for your CPU. However you can easily go as low as Cooler Master Hyper 212+ as well in the ~$20-30 range.
It will still be much better than the stock cooler.

For the GPU. i was thinking for 7850 and the Cooler should i go for normal one or water cooling ?
m
0
l
May 4, 2012 12:36:36 PM

jon9292 said:
For the GPU. i was thinking for 7850 and the Cooler should i go for normal one or water cooling ?


You may go for air coolers like CM H612 (since you will be overclocking). It costs about $50.

Collating all the specs together:

CPU: i5 3570K = $250
Mobo: ASRock Extreme 6: $200
RAM: G.Skills Ripjaws $41
PSU: Seasonic x650 is $140 (or seasonic x750 gold is $150)
Cooler: Cooler Master RR-612 $50
SDD: Samsung 830 256 gb $310 (128GB = 170). If you cannot afford, you may go for SAMSUNG EcoGreen F4 HD204UI 2TB 32MB $120. or WD Caviar Green 1TB ~$100.
GPU: Radeon HD 7850 $270
CASE: CM haf 912 advanced = $60.
OS: Win7 64 bit Pro $140.
Thermal paste: AS 5 $12

Cost: approx: $1483; if you drop SSD and go for SATA HDD, the cost would be approximately $1293 ..

Can you afford? If not, we need to identify a cheaper mobo, GPU, hard disk....
m
0
l
May 4, 2012 1:02:59 PM

In the case of the HDD, you may even consider the following:

Mushkin Enhanced Chronos MKNSSDCR60GB 2.5" 60GB SATA III Asynchronous MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) $75.00
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6820226247

Plus

WD Caviar Green 1TB.

m
0
l
May 4, 2012 1:34:45 PM

There's also the option of waiting a bit longer, as Nvidia are due to release their mid-range GPUs reasonably soon. That may result in price drops for these GPUs (but probably not excessive).

For a new build with future overclocking, concentrate on the CPU and motherboard right now, as the better motherboards provide more OCing features. If you're tight on your budget I'd leave the SSD at the moment as it can be added later and just go mechanical right now. Closed-loop water is also relatively expensive...if you want a cheap CPU cooler, the Coolermaster Hyper-212 will work very well.
m
0
l
May 4, 2012 2:05:03 PM

There you go Jon9292!

Taking "diellur" advice, you may wait a little longer to grab the GPU at lower prices. The H612 is almost similar in performance to Noctua DH-14 (the former is just a degree hotter than Noctua); Evo costs $35, which is also a good cooler, while I prefer H612 for its performance at a good price. I think you have got a pretty good spec overall even if you leave SSD at this moment.

m
0
l
May 5, 2012 2:13:33 AM

SSri said:
You may go for air coolers like CM H612 (since you will be overclocking). It costs about $50.

Collating all the specs together:

CPU: i5 3570K = $250
Mobo: ASRock Extreme 6: $200
RAM: G.Skills Ripjaws $41
PSU: Seasonic x650 is $140 (or seasonic x750 gold is $150)
Cooler: Cooler Master RR-612 $50
SDD: Samsung 830 256 gb $310 (128GB = 170). If you cannot afford, you may go for SAMSUNG EcoGreen F4 HD204UI 2TB 32MB $120. or WD Caviar Green 1TB ~$100.
GPU: Radeon HD 7850 $270
CASE: CM haf 912 advanced = $60.
OS: Win7 64 bit Pro $140.
Thermal paste: AS 5 $12

Cost: approx: $1483; if you drop SSD and go for SATA HDD, the cost would be approximately $1293 ..

Can you afford? If not, we need to identify a cheaper mobo, GPU, hard disk....

I will be able to get a good price from my computer dealer by building it myself.
The intel 330 Series 120GB SSD i get it for 150$
For the GPU. Should i get Radeon HD 6850 ? so i can upgrade it from the future. Because i can get it for 165$
m
0
l
May 5, 2012 2:31:32 AM

SSri said:
There you go Jon9292!

Taking "diellur" advice, you may wait a little longer to grab the GPU at lower prices. The H612 is almost similar in performance to Noctua DH-14 (the former is just a degree hotter than Noctua); Evo costs $35, which is also a good cooler, while I prefer H612 for its performance at a good price. I think you have got a pretty good spec overall even if you leave SSD at this moment.

Should i buy Motherboard, Processor, Ram and Casing first ? I can borrow from a friend Power Supply first. is an FSP True Power 400Watt. When waiting for the GPU HD7850 or HD 7870 price drop.
m
0
l
May 5, 2012 2:55:12 AM

For the Cooler. Hyper 612 or Hyper 212 Plus btr ? The Hyper 612 look much cooler.
m
0
l
May 8, 2012 2:27:16 AM

SSri said:
You may go for air coolers like CM H612 (since you will be overclocking). It costs about $50.

Collating all the specs together:

CPU: i5 3570K = $250
Mobo: ASRock Extreme 6: $200
RAM: G.Skills Ripjaws $41
PSU: Seasonic x650 is $140 (or seasonic x750 gold is $150)
Cooler: Cooler Master RR-612 $50
SDD: Samsung 830 256 gb $310 (128GB = 170). If you cannot afford, you may go for SAMSUNG EcoGreen F4 HD204UI 2TB 32MB $120. or WD Caviar Green 1TB ~$100.
GPU: Radeon HD 7850 $270
CASE: CM haf 912 advanced = $60.
OS: Win7 64 bit Pro $140.
Thermal paste: AS 5 $12

Cost: approx: $1483; if you drop SSD and go for SATA HDD, the cost would be approximately $1293 ..

Can you afford? If not, we need to identify a cheaper mobo, GPU, hard disk....

Mobo i wan Asus or gigabyte one~
m
0
l
May 8, 2012 8:10:21 AM

jon9292 said:
Mobo i wan Asus or gigabyte one~


I am reproducing the conclusion drawn at the end of the review of z77 mobo review at Tom's

"A three-way value tie between the Z77 Extreme6, Z77A-GD65, and Z77H2-A2X is difficult to settle. That forces us to a single conclusion: buyers should carefully consider the overall feature set of these three contenders before picking the one that best suits their individual needs."

Source: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/z77-extreme6-z77a-gd65-z7...
m
0
l
!