Cheapest model of i3 CPU

I wanna know whats the cheapest i3 processor model.
11 answers Last reply
More about cheapest model
  1. It would depend on what store you want to use, but NCIX for example has an i3 540 for $106.98. It's a first gen i3 though and uses LGA1156 instead of LGA1155 like the newer ones.

Are you just looking to build a cheap PC with Intel?
  2. trapper said:
    It would depend on what store you want to use, but NCIX for example has an i3 540 for $106.98. It's a first gen i3 though and uses LGA1156 instead of LGA1155 like the newer ones.

"Are you just looking to build a cheap PC with Intel?"

I was thinking the same thing

LGA 1156 mobos are harder to find and are more expensive now so it is probably better to get a 2nd gen i3
  3. whatismyproblem said:
    it is probably better to get a 2nd gen i3

The i3-322x are supposed to launch next month so if OP is not in much of a hurry to build his new PC, this might be worth waiting for. Otherwise, I would recommend 2nd-gen with b75 or h77 motherboard to keep a reasonable number of options open.
  4. InvalidError said:
    The i3-322x are supposed to launch next month so if OP is not in much of a hurry to build his new PC, this might be worth waiting for. Otherwise, I would recommend 2nd-gen with b75 or h77 motherboard to keep a reasonable number of options open.

+1
  5. Hey...@@ can you please tell me what's the cheapest model of i3. :sarcastic:
  6. ntel Core i3-550 Clarkdale 3.2GHz LGA 1156 73W Dual-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics SLBUD

REFURBISHED

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116735
  7. Do u have more specs? Mobo?
  8. trapper said:
    It would depend on what store you want to use, but NCIX for example has an i3 540 for $106.98. It's a first gen i3 though and uses LGA1156 instead of LGA1155 like the newer ones.

I'm gonna build a cheap gaming pc...
  9. This next topics has been merged by Mousemonkey
    Cheapest model of i3
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Processors Product