Upgrading DIY>Do It Yourself

capitanu2k5

Honorable
May 4, 2012
I add 2new HD>Hard Drive(SATAtype) on my "DIY-PC"whch already have 1HD(also SATAtype)wanting to expand my storage capacity.
BIOS recognaze them all.
Q?To keep my old HD as System Disk have to conect him on SATA1port?

no, you don't to do anything with it, just make sure it's on the boot sequence list in BIOS.

as long as your other drives don't have OS on them the BIOS will find the OS on your existing drive and load it

+1, except the boot list has a sequence, the BIOS looks for bootable disks in order, so re-order your old boot disk above the new disks
--and/or--

If the new disks are faster then copy your OS disk onto one of the new disks and use that as your boot drive. It's good to have a fast boot drive. A tool like 'acronis true image' makes that simple. Many of the hard drive maker also have downloadable free imaging software for copying drives.

capitanu2k5

Honorable
May 4, 2012

AntiZig>Thank You!
But(!?)Not enought to set in BootSequence!
Isolve my case thru a lot of tray combination.A lot of work wasted time!
Was relatively easy (I already having back-up images by Acronis True Image Home(Only useing "ACRO0NISBoot Rescue CD|DVD".
Based on them was enought to clone some partition on one from new added HD ,one of them by hazard.
Look at My AMI BIOS(,results:
*Main:
SATA1>ST3320620AS(Seagate Barracuda7200.10);=320GB.=~298.GB.(Formated=~Accessible)
SATA2>ST3500418AS(Seagate Barracuda 7200.12);=500GB.=~480GB.
SATA3>ST3320620AS(Seagate Barracuda 7200.10);=320GB.=~298GB.;
SATA4..SATA6>Not Detected;
*Storage Configuration:[Enhanced]
Configure SATA as IDE|AHCI|RAID>not offered
NB.My Mo Bo is an ASUS-P5QSE PLUS
*BIOS Boot:
1-st Drive[SATA:pMST3320468;
2-nd Drive[SATA:pS-ST3320468AS;
3-rd Drive[SATA:SM-ST3500418AS;
*Boot Device Priority(Boot Sequence):
1-st Boot Device;>1-ST FLOPPY DRIVE;
2-nd Boot Device;>IDE:NECDVD_RW_ND
3-rd Boot Device:>SATA:pM-ST 3320620AS;
4-th Boot Device;>IDE:CD_W450E;
5-th Boot Device;>ATAPI CD-ROM;
Note: Now when my PC is working fine with this new HDD Config.
System Disk Management report as Disk#0(System Disk)as ST 320620AS,on which are residing [partion (C:\volume =primary ,active (System)] and other to fullfill his space,according with my needs.Pls observe that this HD-unit is connected on SATA1-Port .From here my Q?HDUnit which intend to use as System Disk (Disk#0)have to connect to SATA1-port?
More one,only it is probably this adnote to SATA-type HD,to have same semnification as for Old IDE -PATA-typeHD.
Where:
- PM;>Primary Master
-PS;>Primary Slave
-SM; >Secondary Master(!?);
Sorry for my English I tray for my best.
Thank you for yours paciency.