pkhamidar2com

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2011
Hey i have a problem with my 955, not sure what to do.

On idle or when web browsing or something it goes to about 57 - 62 degrees.

I dont know if its because its hot, beacuse tonight it is very hot. But im getting worried.

http://screenshooter.net/9824576/onscwdx

there is a picture.

I have 3 fans on my computer, one at the back blowing out, one at the side blowing in, and at the front also blowing in.

I looked inside and its fairly dusty in terms of fan blades and all.

What do you guys suggest i do?

The quick answer is to clean the dust out of your computer. If your fan blades have dust caked on them, then your cpu heat sink is probably full of dust as well. Clean out the dust, and then look at your temps again.

Uther39

Distinguished

Use a compressed air can and a small clean paint brush, do it out side with both sides taken off, and yes that cooler will perform alot better than the stock one

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Star-Duster-Compressed-Flammable-400ml/dp/B000MQ7DZC/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1345373123&sr=1-1
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Silverline-244979-Piece-Disposable-Brush/dp/B000LFRTMQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1345373210&sr=8-4

clean the pc thoroughly before removing old cooler and fitting the new one.

Best thing to do would be to reapply new thermal paste using the pea in the middle method if you left he paste on it that came with the stock cooler, you can buy an aftermarket cooler at a later date if this improves temps immediatly.

I have a 955BE C0 stepping and with a Zalman cnps9900 it idles at 27*C and rarely goes above 48*C on load, even when i overclock it to 3.7ghz without changing the voltage.

pkhamidar2com

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2011
Just checking it properly, its actually not a lot of dust now that i look at it. I just looked at the heatsink by opening my pc, and it seems to be a layer of dust just behind the fans, i can make out lines from the metal behind where there is less dust on some areas.

I think it is on coolnquiet. Ill check that though.

If you can make out lines where there is less dust, you seriously need to clean that puppy out man :)
unplug the fan, or somehow prevent it from moving and blast it with canned air, or if you can remove it and wash properly then do that, remember fresh Thermal paste to remount and remember to plug the fan back in afterwards
Moto

pkhamidar2com

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2011
I tried using the toothpick method, but the fan is in the way for one side, i cant seem to get some bits of the dust although there is a lot there.

I did manage to get some of it out and the temps did decrease a little.

Hoover, if i do it from a distance the dust will nto suck up, if i do it too close it will probably cause the fan to spin.

Are you sure it will kill my mobo. Apparantly it wont according to my friend.

What do you suppose i do? Hold the fan with one hand still and hoover?

**unplug the fan, or somehow prevent it from moving**
**You can kill your mobo and chip if you do**

Didn't say will, I said can, you may get away with it a million times but then again you may not
As Jay suggested, removing the fan from the Hs is another option that facilitates easier cleaning, just be careful with those small screws :)
Moto