turn off pesky notification

Is there a way to turn off the annoying "Unused icons on your desktop"
notification balloon that always pops up?

Thanks

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 13:25:49 -0500, "Joseph Scalise"
<jscalise@advantageccs.org> wrote:
>Is there a way to turn off the annoying "Unused icons on your desktop"
>notification balloon that always pops up?

Go here (and bookmark for future questions)
http://search.microsoft.com/search/search.aspx?st=b&View=en-us

Enter
Unused Icons

When I did that about 10 seconds ago, the 10th link is the solution

John Thomas Smith
http://www.direct2usales.com
http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith

Hi Joseph,

HOW TO: Disable the Automatic Desktop Cleanup Feature in Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=320154

A Description of the Desktop Cleanup Wizard:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;293154

HOW TO: Disable Notification Area Balloon Tips in Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307729&sd=tech

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Joseph Scalise" <jscalise@advantageccs.org> wrote in message news:u2yiuoI3EHA.2312@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
Is there a way to turn off the annoying "Unused icons on your desktop"
notification balloon that always pops up?

Thanks

kelly

Hi Joseph,

Run the edit on line 357: