turn off pesky notification

Is there a way to turn off the annoying "Unused icons on your desktop"
notification balloon that always pops up?

Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about turn pesky notification

    On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 13:25:49 -0500, "Joseph Scalise"
    <jscalise@advantageccs.org> wrote:
    >Is there a way to turn off the annoying "Unused icons on your desktop"
    >notification balloon that always pops up?

    Go here (and bookmark for future questions)
    http://search.microsoft.com/search/search.aspx?st=b&View=en-us

    Enter
    Unused Icons

    When I did that about 10 seconds ago, the 10th link is the solution

    John Thomas Smith
    http://www.direct2usales.com
    http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith

    Hi Joseph,

    HOW TO: Disable the Automatic Desktop Cleanup Feature in Windows XP:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=320154

    A Description of the Desktop Cleanup Wizard:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;293154

    HOW TO: Disable Notification Area Balloon Tips in Windows XP:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307729&sd=tech

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Joseph Scalise" <jscalise@advantageccs.org> wrote in message news:u2yiuoI3EHA.2312@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    Is there a way to turn off the annoying "Unused icons on your desktop"
    notification balloon that always pops up?

    Thanks

    Hi Joseph,

    Run the edit on line 357:

    All the Best,