Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Is this a guy or a girl?

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
Anonymous
June 30, 2005 8:53:07 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Portrait shutterbugs may have a little expertise here; this person has
fabulous lines, though I can't tell for sure if it's a guy or a girl; I
would guess girl, but there are some boldly masculine lines, I would
guess guy, but there are some softly feminine lines.

http://tinypic.com/6ifvwp.jpg

I'm inclined to say a rather athletic girl, with fabulous muscular
lines and tone.

More about : guy girl

Anonymous
June 30, 2005 1:14:21 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

A manninsh-looking girl is my best guess.

casioculture@gmail.com wrote:
> Portrait shutterbugs may have a little expertise here; this person has
> fabulous lines, though I can't tell for sure if it's a guy or a girl; I
> would guess girl, but there are some boldly masculine lines, I would
> guess guy, but there are some softly feminine lines.
>
> http://tinypic.com/6ifvwp.jpg
>
> I'm inclined to say a rather athletic girl, with fabulous muscular
> lines and tone.
Anonymous
June 30, 2005 3:59:13 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

It's a guy.
Lemme guess .... this person woke up in bed next to you?
Related resources
Anonymous
June 30, 2005 4:20:15 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

On 30 Jun 2005 04:53:07 -0700, casioculture@gmail.com wrote:

>Portrait shutterbugs may have a little expertise here; this person has
>fabulous lines, though I can't tell for sure if it's a guy or a girl; I
>would guess girl, but there are some boldly masculine lines, I would
>guess guy, but there are some softly feminine lines.
>
>http://tinypic.com/6ifvwp.jpg
>
>I'm inclined to say a rather athletic girl, with fabulous muscular
>lines and tone.

It's a girl who's extremely annoyed that everyone who meets her says
"Oy! are U a dude or what?". This explains her expression.

--
Owamanga!
http://www.pbase.com/owamanga
June 30, 2005 4:29:15 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

<casioculture@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1120132387.313651.149110@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
>
>
> Portrait shutterbugs may have a little expertise here; this person has
> fabulous lines, though I can't tell for sure if it's a guy or a girl; I
> would guess girl, but there are some boldly masculine lines, I would
> guess guy, but there are some softly feminine lines.
>
> http://tinypic.com/6ifvwp.jpg
>
> I'm inclined to say a rather athletic girl, with fabulous muscular
> lines and tone.
>

I don't care.

Either way, or perhaps both ways, it does not make them a bad person.

But I would be unlikely to try chatting them up, if I met them in the Pub. I
like my girls to have girlie bits, especially when photographing a girl.

Roy G
Anonymous
June 30, 2005 5:28:22 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

I, too, thought at first 'male', but now I'm beginning to see some
feminitiy.

Walt Hanks wrote:
> <casioculture@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1120132387.313651.149110@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
> >
> >
> > Portrait shutterbugs may have a little expertise here; this person has
> > fabulous lines, though I can't tell for sure if it's a guy or a girl; I
> > would guess girl, but there are some boldly masculine lines, I would
> > guess guy, but there are some softly feminine lines.
> >
> > http://tinypic.com/6ifvwp.jpg
> >
> > I'm inclined to say a rather athletic girl, with fabulous muscular
> > lines and tone.
> >
>
> My first reaction was male - but either is possible. The high contrast
> lighting makes any assessment of shaving artifact unreliable, the angle and
> shadows hide most of his voice box, and his hair could go either way. But
> his chin and nose say man to me.
>
> So, does anyone know what the answer is?
>
> Walt
Anonymous
June 30, 2005 6:56:34 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

casioculture@gmail.com wrote:

>
>
>Portrait shutterbugs may have a little expertise here; this person has
>fabulous lines, though I can't tell for sure if it's a guy or a girl; I
>would guess girl, but there are some boldly masculine lines, I would
>guess guy, but there are some softly feminine lines.
>
>http://tinypic.com/6ifvwp.jpg
>
>I'm inclined to say a rather athletic girl, with fabulous muscular
>lines and tone.


Is it Mike Henley or Sabineellen? Give us a clue?

;-)
Anonymous
June 30, 2005 8:01:55 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

I am with you Roy....If I cannot tell the gender it doesn't matter. I want
my girls to have the parts that make it obvious. But...that photo is of a
girl. Note that the long hair is pinned back over the ear, A bit of a bulge
where a breast would start, light eyebrows...and there is no reason to think
otherwise like shaving nicks or whatever.



"Roy" <royphoty@iona-guesthouse.co.uk> wrote in message
news:vARwe.14055$Ar5.3437@newsfe5-win.ntli.net...
> <casioculture@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1120132387.313651.149110@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
> >
> >
> > Portrait shutterbugs may have a little expertise here; this person has
> > fabulous lines, though I can't tell for sure if it's a guy or a girl; I
> > would guess girl, but there are some boldly masculine lines, I would
> > guess guy, but there are some softly feminine lines.
> >
> > http://tinypic.com/6ifvwp.jpg
> >
> > I'm inclined to say a rather athletic girl, with fabulous muscular
> > lines and tone.
> >
>
> I don't care.
>
> Either way, or perhaps both ways, it does not make them a bad person.
>
> But I would be unlikely to try chatting them up, if I met them in the Pub.
I
> like my girls to have girlie bits, especially when photographing a girl.
>
> Roy G
>
>
Anonymous
June 30, 2005 8:06:16 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

<casioculture@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1120132387.313651.149110@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
>
>
> Portrait shutterbugs may have a little expertise here; this person has
> fabulous lines, though I can't tell for sure if it's a guy or a girl; I
> would guess girl, but there are some boldly masculine lines, I would
> guess guy, but there are some softly feminine lines.
>
> http://tinypic.com/6ifvwp.jpg
>
> I'm inclined to say a rather athletic girl, with fabulous muscular
> lines and tone.
>

My first reaction was male - but either is possible. The high contrast
lighting makes any assessment of shaving artifact unreliable, the angle and
shadows hide most of his voice box, and his hair could go either way. But
his chin and nose say man to me.

So, does anyone know what the answer is?

Walt
Anonymous
June 30, 2005 9:46:45 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

"Gene Palmiter" <palmiter_gene@verizon.net> wrote in message
news:THUwe.14424$Q27.1023@trndny02...
> I am with you Roy....If I cannot tell the gender it doesn't matter. I
> want my girls to have the parts that make it obvious. But...that photo >
is of a girl. Note that the long hair is pinned back over the ear, A bit
> of a bulge where a breast would start, light eyebrows...and there is
> no reason to think otherwise like shaving nicks or whatever.
>

Bone structure of the skull tends towards the feminine too: there are brow
ridges but they are slight, bridge of nose is very straight, chin is
stronger than many women, but much less pronounced than most men, etc.

Interesting that asuming she's a girl, she's quite attractive, yet if a man
s/he'd be quite a good looking one too.


Peter
June 30, 2005 11:55:00 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Looks obvious to me - and I hope she isn't offended being discussed in
public like this <g>.

--
Paul ============}
o o

// Live fast, die old //
PaulsPages are at http://homepage.ntlworld.com/pcbradley/
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 12:32:26 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

On 30 Jun 2005 11:59:13 -0700, "Annika1980" <annika1980@aol.com>
wrote:

>It's a guy.
>Lemme guess .... this person woke up in bed next to you?

Well, at least he got the dose right, a little too much and they never
do wake up again.

--
Owamanga!
http://www.pbase.com/owamanga
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 12:32:27 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

"Owamanga" <owamanga(not-this-bit)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:D vl8c1traiv7u0b8plmg67t11d3c3d7p1i@4ax.com...
> On 30 Jun 2005 11:59:13 -0700, "Annika1980" <annika1980@aol.com>
> wrote:
>
>>It's a guy.
>>Lemme guess .... this person woke up in bed next to you?
>
> Well, at least he got the dose right, a little too much and they never
> do wake up again.
>
> --
> Owamanga!
> http://www.pbase.com/owamanga

Not the least bit funny considering how frequently both men and women are
being given date rape drugs. I have at least one student a semester
victimized, and often more than that.

Walt
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 10:56:45 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 16:56:05 -0400, Walt Hanks wrote:

>
> "Owamanga" <owamanga(not-this-bit)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:D vl8c1traiv7u0b8plmg67t11d3c3d7p1i@4ax.com...
>> On 30 Jun 2005 11:59:13 -0700, "Annika1980" <annika1980@aol.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>It's a guy.
>>>Lemme guess .... this person woke up in bed next to you?
>>
>> Well, at least he got the dose right, a little too much and they never
>> do wake up again.
>>
>> --
>> Owamanga!
>> http://www.pbase.com/owamanga
>
> Not the least bit funny considering how frequently both men and women are
> being given date rape drugs. I have at least one student a semester
> victimized, and often more than that.
>
> Walt
I have never met, spoken too or have had any reliable evidence of any one
being given one of these drugs; but maybe I have just lived a sheltered
life.

--
neil
delete delete to reply
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 10:56:46 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

"Neil Ellwood" <charge@eater.pig> wrote in message
news:p an.2005.07.01.06.59.04.102697@eater.pig...
> On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 16:56:05 -0400, Walt Hanks wrote:
>> Not the least bit funny considering how frequently both men and women are
>> being given date rape drugs. I have at least one student a semester
>> victimized, and often more than that.
>>
>> Walt
> I have never met, spoken too or have had any reliable evidence of any one
> being given one of these drugs; but maybe I have just lived a sheltered
> life.
>
> --
> neil
> delete delete to reply

Talk to any ER physician, police officer, or rape crisis counselor and
you'll have all the evidence you need.

Walt
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 1:13:13 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Walt Hanks wrote:
> "Neil Ellwood" <charge@eater.pig> wrote in message
> news:p an.2005.07.01.06.59.04.102697@eater.pig...
> > On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 16:56:05 -0400, Walt Hanks wrote:
> >> Not the least bit funny considering how frequently both men and women are
> >> being given date rape drugs. I have at least one student a semester
> >> victimized, and often more than that.
> >>
> >> Walt
> > I have never met, spoken too or have had any reliable evidence of any one
> > being given one of these drugs; but maybe I have just lived a sheltered
> > life.
> >
> > --
> > neil
> > delete delete to reply
>
> Talk to any ER physician, police officer, or rape crisis counselor and
> you'll have all the evidence you need.
>
> Walt

Though I'm sure some of it is real, I suspect a lot of it - just from
my anecdotal experience with a lot of girls - is simply a manifestation
of "Oh I drank too much and did such naughty stuff, I'm such a slut
now, I can't bear the thought of myself, what will my parents think if
they knew, oh no it can't be so, someone must've spiked my drink!",
especially so when the girl comes from a Christian home and doesn't
want to deal with the consequences of collegiate libertinism that she
suddenly found so overwhelmingly enjoyable.
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 1:50:42 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

In article <1120132387.313651.149110@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
casioculture@gmail.com () wrote:
I'm amazed people are having such a hard time with this one. Looks very
obvious to me it's a female.

Iain
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 4:48:00 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

<casioculture@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1120234393.824931.231530@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>
>
> Talk to any ER physician, police officer, or rape crisis counselor and
>> you'll have all the evidence you need.
>>
>> Walt
>
> Though I'm sure some of it is real, I suspect a lot of it - just from
> my anecdotal experience with a lot of girls - is simply a manifestation
> of "Oh I drank too much and did such naughty stuff, I'm such a slut
> now, I can't bear the thought of myself, what will my parents think if
> they knew, oh no it can't be so, someone must've spiked my drink!",
> especially so when the girl comes from a Christian home and doesn't
> want to deal with the consequences of collegiate libertinism that she
> suddenly found so overwhelmingly enjoyable.
>

There are certainly people of both genders who use this tactic. There are
also those who take the drugs willingly in a foolish attempt to heighten
their sexual experience. None of that negates the reality that it is used
by both men and women to force others to do things they would not otherwise
do.

GHB and other date rape drugs leave a chemical trace that is easy to detect.
When a person is courageous enough to come forward, blood tests are
administered to determine the validity of the claim. It is a real issue, a
real problem on college campuses and in singles clubs, and people are
victimized every day. All the arrogant and ignorant comments "Owamanga" can
muster won't change that.

Walt
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 5:26:37 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

<casioculture@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1120132387.313651.149110@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
>
>
> Portrait shutterbugs may have a little expertise here; this person has
> fabulous lines, though I can't tell for sure if it's a guy or a girl; I
> would guess girl, but there are some boldly masculine lines, I would
> guess guy, but there are some softly feminine lines.
>
> http://tinypic.com/6ifvwp.jpg
>
> I'm inclined to say a rather athletic girl, with fabulous muscular
> lines and tone.

It's a girl, or an exceptionally feminine-looking guy.

Dunno how you get those "fabulous muscular lines and tone" out of what there
is in that abbreviated photo, or "boldly masculine lines" either. She's
healthy looking, yes. The only thing I see that's remotely masculine is the
short haircut, which means nothing.

N.
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 5:37:07 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

"Walt Hanks" <walthanks@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:vcydnelz5dxb7ljfRVn-hQ@comcast.com...
>
> <casioculture@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1120234393.824931.231530@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>>
>>
>> Talk to any ER physician, police officer, or rape crisis counselor and
>>> you'll have all the evidence you need.
>>>
>>> Walt
>>
>> Though I'm sure some of it is real, I suspect a lot of it - just from
>> my anecdotal experience with a lot of girls - is simply a manifestation
>> of "Oh I drank too much and did such naughty stuff, I'm such a slut
>> now, I can't bear the thought of myself, what will my parents think if
>> they knew, oh no it can't be so, someone must've spiked my drink!",
>> especially so when the girl comes from a Christian home and doesn't
>> want to deal with the consequences of collegiate libertinism that she
>> suddenly found so overwhelmingly enjoyable.
>>
>
> There are certainly people of both genders who use this tactic. There are
> also those who take the drugs willingly in a foolish attempt to heighten
> their sexual experience. None of that negates the reality that it is used
> by both men and women to force others to do things they would not
> otherwise do.
>
> GHB and other date rape drugs leave a chemical trace that is easy to
> detect. When a person is courageous enough to come forward, blood tests
> are administered to determine the validity of the claim. It is a real
> issue, a real problem on college campuses and in singles clubs, and people
> are victimized every day. All the arrogant and ignorant comments
> "Owamanga" can muster won't change that.
>
> Walt

I read Owamanga's comments but apparently missed the "arrogant and ignorant"
part. His first comment was clearly a small joke. I didn't find it
offensive. If you did, perhaps you ought to stop going to those sensitivity
group thingies.

N.
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 8:34:12 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

On 1 Jul 2005 09:13:13 -0700, casioculture@gmail.com wrote:

>Though I'm sure some of it is real, I suspect a lot of it - just from
>my anecdotal experience with a lot of girls - is simply a manifestation
>of "Oh I drank too much and did such naughty stuff, I'm such a slut
>now, I can't bear the thought of myself, what will my parents think if
>they knew, oh no it can't be so, someone must've spiked my drink!",
>especially so when the girl comes from a Christian home and doesn't
>want to deal with the consequences of collegiate libertinism that she
>suddenly found so overwhelmingly enjoyable.

Me thinks that Walt won't like that opinion.

--
Owamanga!
http://www.pbase.com/owamanga
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 8:56:01 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

<casioculture@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1120234393.824931.231530@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>
>
> Walt Hanks wrote:
>> "Neil Ellwood" <charge@eater.pig> wrote in message
>> news:p an.2005.07.01.06.59.04.102697@eater.pig...
>> > On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 16:56:05 -0400, Walt Hanks wrote:
>> >> Not the least bit funny considering how frequently both men and women
>> >> are
>> >> being given date rape drugs. I have at least one student a semester
>> >> victimized, and often more than that.
>> >>
>> >> Walt
>> > I have never met, spoken too or have had any reliable evidence of any
>> > one
>> > being given one of these drugs; but maybe I have just lived a sheltered
>> > life.
>> >
>> > --
>> > neil
>> > delete delete to reply
>>
>> Talk to any ER physician, police officer, or rape crisis counselor and
>> you'll have all the evidence you need.
>>
>> Walt
>
> Though I'm sure some of it is real, I suspect a lot of it - just from
> my anecdotal experience with a lot of girls - is simply a manifestation
> of "Oh I drank too much and did such naughty stuff, I'm such a slut
> now, I can't bear the thought of myself, what will my parents think if
> they knew, oh no it can't be so, someone must've spiked my drink!",
> especially so when the girl comes from a Christian home and doesn't
> want to deal with the consequences of collegiate libertinism that she
> suddenly found so overwhelmingly enjoyable.
>
Or women who roam the halls of hotels where famous athletes are staying, in
hopes that they may become impregnated with a, "meal ticket" for the rest of
their lives.......I'm sure they can act just as distraught as the next one
at the ER, or rape crisis counselor's office.....
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 9:22:54 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 12:48:00 -0400, "Walt Hanks"
<walthanks@comcast.net> wrote:

>GHB and other date rape drugs leave a chemical trace that is easy to detect.
>When a person is courageous enough to come forward, blood tests are
>administered to determine the validity of the claim. It is a real issue, a
>real problem on college campuses and in singles clubs, and people are
>victimized every day. All the arrogant and ignorant comments "Owamanga" can
>muster won't change that.

Hey, who ever said I want to change that.

Some people tell lies to get girls in bed, others spray on fake-tans,
others offer them parts in films, others get them drunk, others offer
them hard-drugs, others use hypnosis, others pay cash, others use
peer-pressure, others use flowers - poems and fancy dining, and some,
a few, use date-rape drugs.

Each to his own, I don't agree with any of them because they all
involve a 'victim', but luckily that's not a game I play any more.
When I did, the date-rape problem wasn't apparent to me. But times and
regional differences change this I suppose.

Systems do exist to detect date-rape drugs before they are consumed,
just as systems exist to protect a girl against sexually transmitted
diseases. If they choose not to protect themselves and they choose to
fraternize with those who think it fit to use such drugs, then I don't
have a lot of time for them. Failure to prevent the rape leads to
failure to protect themselves from the diseases or pregnancy, so it
should be #1 priority. How many girls carry such equipment compared to
how many of them carry a condom? - My guess, next to 0%. Stupid. Very
stupid.

It's about time that people take some responsibility. Individually it
starts with responsibility for your own safety, then responsibility
for your actions towards others. Blaming others, your friends, the
government, the drug manufacturers or even *me* for making jokes about
the situation is fruitless.

http://www.drinksafetech.com/

--
Owamanga!
http://www.pbase.com/owamanga
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 9:22:55 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

"Owamanga" <owamanga(not-this-bit)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:o buac11decpub7lcmub2n2u5he9hroobge@4ax.com...
> On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 12:48:00 -0400, "Walt Hanks"
> <walthanks@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>GHB and other date rape drugs leave a chemical trace that is easy to
>>detect.
>>When a person is courageous enough to come forward, blood tests are
>>administered to determine the validity of the claim. It is a real issue,
>>a
>>real problem on college campuses and in singles clubs, and people are
>>victimized every day. All the arrogant and ignorant comments "Owamanga"
>>can
>>muster won't change that.
>
> Hey, who ever said I want to change that.
>
> Some people tell lies to get girls in bed, others spray on fake-tans,
> others offer them parts in films, others get them drunk, others offer
> them hard-drugs, others use hypnosis, others pay cash, others use
> peer-pressure, others use flowers - poems and fancy dining, and some,
> a few, use date-rape drugs.
>
> Each to his own, I don't agree with any of them because they all
> involve a 'victim', but luckily that's not a game I play any more.
> When I did, the date-rape problem wasn't apparent to me. But times and
> regional differences change this I suppose.

I always found the best way was to find girls who wanted to hop into your
bed anyway, even before they met you. These can be found by joining dating
services. In my day there was, "Phase II, and "Datique" on the West coast.
Datique was the best....They just gave you a list of every woman who joined
from 18 to 80, and you could do the picking and choosing yourself.
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 1:24:30 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

"Walt Hanks" <walthanks@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:t-GdnVDnGN_0wVnfRVn-jA@comcast.com...

> Not the least bit funny considering how frequently both men and women are
> being given date rape drugs. I have at least one student a semester
> victimized, and often more than that.

Chill Halt - that was a cracking gag.
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 2:49:28 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

"Owamanga" <owamanga(not-this-bit)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:o buac11decpub7lcmub2n2u5he9hroobge@4ax.com...

>
> Hey, who ever said I want to change that.
>
> Some people tell lies to get girls in bed, others spray on fake-tans,
> others offer them parts in films, others get them drunk, others offer
> them hard-drugs, others use hypnosis, others pay cash, others use
> peer-pressure, others use flowers - poems and fancy dining, and some,
> a few, use date-rape drugs.
>
> Each to his own, I don't agree with any of them because they all
> involve a 'victim', but luckily that's not a game I play any more.
> When I did, the date-rape problem wasn't apparent to me. But times and
> regional differences change this I suppose.
>
> Systems do exist to detect date-rape drugs before they are consumed,
> just as systems exist to protect a girl against sexually transmitted
> diseases. If they choose not to protect themselves and they choose to
> fraternize with those who think it fit to use such drugs, then I don't
> have a lot of time for them. Failure to prevent the rape leads to
> failure to protect themselves from the diseases or pregnancy, so it
> should be #1 priority. How many girls carry such equipment compared to
> how many of them carry a condom? - My guess, next to 0%. Stupid. Very
> stupid.
>
> It's about time that people take some responsibility. Individually it
> starts with responsibility for your own safety, then responsibility
> for your actions towards others. Blaming others, your friends, the
> government, the drug manufacturers or even *me* for making jokes about
> the situation is fruitless.

It is very good of girls to carry condoms just in case someone using date
rape drugs is considerate enough to search their purse in case she is
carrying protection.
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 4:19:41 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

"Walt Hanks" <walthanks@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:8eCdnRbZFJAgzVnfRVn-1g@comcast.com...
> <casioculture@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1120132387.313651.149110@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
>>
>>
>> Portrait shutterbugs may have a little expertise here; this person has
>> fabulous lines, though I can't tell for sure if it's a guy or a girl; I
>> would guess girl, but there are some boldly masculine lines, I would
>> guess guy, but there are some softly feminine lines.
>>
>> http://tinypic.com/6ifvwp.jpg
>>
>> I'm inclined to say a rather athletic girl, with fabulous muscular
>> lines and tone.
>>
>
> My first reaction was male - but either is possible. The high contrast
> lighting makes any assessment of shaving artifact unreliable, the angle
> and shadows hide most of his voice box, and his hair could go either way.
> But his chin and nose say man to me.
>
> So, does anyone know what the answer is?

Hey! That's a friend of mine!!!

Name is Pat.

Nice...um...person.
July 2, 2005 5:54:41 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

On 30 Jun 2005 04:53:07 -0700, casioculture@gmail.com wrote:

>
>
>Portrait shutterbugs may have a little expertise here; this person has
>fabulous lines, though I can't tell for sure if it's a guy or a girl; I
>would guess girl, but there are some boldly masculine lines, I would
>guess guy, but there are some softly feminine lines.
>
>http://tinypic.com/6ifvwp.jpg
>
>I'm inclined to say a rather athletic girl, with fabulous muscular
>lines and tone.


Where are these fabulous muscular lines and tone you were talking
about......and whats the difference.....??

Brad

LIFE'S JOURNEY IS NOT TO ARRIVE AT THE GRAVE SAFELY IN A
WELL-PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER TO SKID IN SIDEWAYS, TOTALLY WORN OUT,
SHOUTING... " HOLY @#$%... WHAT A RIDE!"
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 5:54:43 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

On 30 Jun 2005 13:28:22 -0700, uraniumcommittee@yahoo.com wrote:

>> My first reaction was male - but either is possible. The high contrast
>> lighting makes any assessment of shaving artifact unreliable, the angle
>> and shadows hide most of his voice box, and his hair could go either way.
>> But his chin and nose say man to me.

> I, too, thought at first 'male', but now I'm beginning to see some
> feminitiy.

This Scruton guy once had a view,
swallowed hook, line and sinker by you.
But the skill on the part
of a photographer made art.
And you still haven't gotten a clue.
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 9:42:31 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

MarkĀ² (lowest even number here) wrote:
> "Walt Hanks" <walthanks@comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:8eCdnRbZFJAgzVnfRVn-1g@comcast.com...
> > <casioculture@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:1120132387.313651.149110@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
> >>
> >>
> >> Portrait shutterbugs may have a little expertise here; this person has
> >> fabulous lines, though I can't tell for sure if it's a guy or a girl; I
> >> would guess girl, but there are some boldly masculine lines, I would
> >> guess guy, but there are some softly feminine lines.
> >>
> >> http://tinypic.com/6ifvwp.jpg
> >>
> >> I'm inclined to say a rather athletic girl, with fabulous muscular
> >> lines and tone.
> >>
> >
> > My first reaction was male - but either is possible. The high contrast
> > lighting makes any assessment of shaving artifact unreliable, the angle
> > and shadows hide most of his voice box, and his hair could go either way.
> > But his chin and nose say man to me.
> >
> > So, does anyone know what the answer is?
>
> Hey! That's a friend of mine!!!
>
> Name is Pat.
>
> Nice...um...person.

Heck, Mark, introduce me to your friend!

Umm, you owe me that(!)... um... for... whatever favors I'll do you in
the future!
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 11:19:50 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Hmm...

Nobody can say what is exact answer. But I can say, the person on the
picture
can not be infered as a guy. See the uvula of the person!! It says "
I'm a women."
Anonymous
July 3, 2005 9:35:15 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Brad wrote:
> On 30 Jun 2005 04:53:07 -0700, casioculture@gmail.com wrote:
>
> >
> >
> >Portrait shutterbugs may have a little expertise here; this person has
> >fabulous lines, though I can't tell for sure if it's a guy or a girl; I
> >would guess girl, but there are some boldly masculine lines, I would
> >guess guy, but there are some softly feminine lines.
> >
> >http://tinypic.com/6ifvwp.jpg
> >
> >I'm inclined to say a rather athletic girl, with fabulous muscular
> >lines and tone.
>
>
> Where are these fabulous muscular lines and tone you were talking
> about......and whats the difference.....??

The shoulders, mostly. I have also seen guys who looked as feminine as
this, or even more.

>
> Brad
>
> LIFE'S JOURNEY IS NOT TO ARRIVE AT THE GRAVE SAFELY IN A
> WELL-PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER TO SKID IN SIDEWAYS, TOTALLY WORN OUT,
> SHOUTING... " HOLY @#$%... WHAT A RIDE!"
Anonymous
July 3, 2005 9:41:51 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Yongwoo.Shin@gmail.com wrote:
> Hmm...
>
> Nobody can say what is exact answer. But I can say, the person on the
> picture
> can not be infered as a guy. See the uvula of the person!! It says "
> I'm a women."


"I'm a women"?!

Nevermind, what about this one:

http://photos1.flickr.com/887546_14e83948ae.jpg?v=0 ... guy or girl?
Anonymous
July 3, 2005 9:45:09 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

casiocult...@gmail.com wrote:
> Yongwoo.Shin@gmail.com wrote:
> > Hmm...
> >
> > Nobody can say what is exact answer. But I can say, the person on the
> > picture
> > can not be infered as a guy. See the uvula of the person!! It says "
> > I'm a women."
>
>
> "I'm a women"?!
>
> Nevermind, what about this one:
>
> http://photos1.flickr.com/887546_14e83948ae.jpg?v=0 ... guy or girl?

And if you need another pic, here's one
http://photos1.flickr.com/144868_f6ab19539a.jpg?v=0
Anonymous
July 3, 2005 4:45:48 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

<casioculture@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1120394511.015054.302980@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
>
>
> Yongwoo.Shin@gmail.com wrote:
>> Hmm...
>>
>> Nobody can say what is exact answer. But I can say, the person on the
>> picture
>> can not be infered as a guy. See the uvula of the person!! It says "
>> I'm a women."
>
>
> "I'm a women"?!
>
> Nevermind, what about this one:
>
> http://photos1.flickr.com/887546_14e83948ae.jpg?v=0 ... guy or girl?

Neither. I'm not sure *what* it is, let alone what gender it is.

N.
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 2:07:25 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

In article <1120394511.015054.302980@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
casioculture@gmail.com () wrote:

> http://photos1.flickr.com/887546_14e83948ae.jpg?v=0 ... guy or girl?
Looks very clearly like a girl to me. You guys need to get out more!

Iain
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 2:07:26 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

"Iain Laskey" <i.laskeyNOT@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:memo.20050705110721.3128B@ilba14195.www.blueyonder.co.uk...
> In article <1120394511.015054.302980@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
> casioculture@gmail.com () wrote:
>
>> http://photos1.flickr.com/887546_14e83948ae.jpg?v=0 ... guy or girl?
> Looks very clearly like a girl to me. You guys need to get out more!
>
> Iain

I agree...but the trouble is...there are more and more girly-men these days.
:) 
Anonymous
July 8, 2005 8:01:01 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 10:07:25 GMT, Iain Laskey, <i.laskeyNOT@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <1120394511.015054.302980@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
> casioculture@gmail.com () wrote:
>
> > http://photos1.flickr.com/887546_14e83948ae.jpg?v=0 ... guy or girl?
> Looks very clearly like a girl to me. You guys need to get out more!

I don't know what it is; I don't care what it is; I would not go out
with it regardless of its gender.

--
Walter Dnes; my email address is *ALMOST* like wzaltdnes@waltdnes.org
Delete the "z" to get my real address. If that gets blocked, follow
the instructions at the end of the 550 message.
Anonymous
July 10, 2005 12:50:11 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 16:56:05 -0400, "Walt Hanks"
<walthanks@comcast.net> wrote:

>
>"Owamanga" <owamanga(not-this-bit)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>news:D vl8c1traiv7u0b8plmg67t11d3c3d7p1i@4ax.com...
>> On 30 Jun 2005 11:59:13 -0700, "Annika1980" <annika1980@aol.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>It's a guy.
>>>Lemme guess .... this person woke up in bed next to you?
>>
>> Well, at least he got the dose right, a little too much and they never
>> do wake up again.
>>
>> --
>> Owamanga!
>> http://www.pbase.com/owamanga
>
>Not the least bit funny considering how frequently both men and women are
>being given date rape drugs. I have at least one student a semester
>victimized, and often more than that.
>
>Walt
>

So to you, there's nothing on earth that's funny, since
someone might find it offensive? Wake up.
Anonymous
July 10, 2005 12:53:39 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 22:49:28 GMT, "ian lincoln" <jessops@sux.com>
wrote:

>
>"Owamanga" <owamanga(not-this-bit)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>news:o buac11decpub7lcmub2n2u5he9hroobge@4ax.com...
>
>>
>> Hey, who ever said I want to change that.
>>
>> Some people tell lies to get girls in bed, others spray on fake-tans,
>> others offer them parts in films, others get them drunk, others offer
>> them hard-drugs, others use hypnosis, others pay cash, others use
>> peer-pressure, others use flowers - poems and fancy dining, and some,
>> a few, use date-rape drugs.
>>
>> Each to his own, I don't agree with any of them because they all
>> involve a 'victim', but luckily that's not a game I play any more.
>> When I did, the date-rape problem wasn't apparent to me. But times and
>> regional differences change this I suppose.
>>
>> Systems do exist to detect date-rape drugs before they are consumed,
>> just as systems exist to protect a girl against sexually transmitted
>> diseases. If they choose not to protect themselves and they choose to
>> fraternize with those who think it fit to use such drugs, then I don't
>> have a lot of time for them. Failure to prevent the rape leads to
>> failure to protect themselves from the diseases or pregnancy, so it
>> should be #1 priority. How many girls carry such equipment compared to
>> how many of them carry a condom? - My guess, next to 0%. Stupid. Very
>> stupid.
>>
>> It's about time that people take some responsibility. Individually it
>> starts with responsibility for your own safety, then responsibility
>> for your actions towards others. Blaming others, your friends, the
>> government, the drug manufacturers or even *me* for making jokes about
>> the situation is fruitless.
>
>It is very good of girls to carry condoms just in case someone using date
>rape drugs is considerate enough to search their purse in case she is
>carrying protection.
>

I'm sure most of them are so gentlemanly.
Anonymous
July 11, 2005 1:30:40 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Walt Hanks wrote:

> <casioculture@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1120234393.824931.231530@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>
>>
>>Talk to any ER physician, police officer, or rape crisis counselor and
>>
>>>you'll have all the evidence you need.
>>>
>>>Walt
>>
>>Though I'm sure some of it is real, I suspect a lot of it - just from
>>my anecdotal experience with a lot of girls - is simply a manifestation
>>of "Oh I drank too much and did such naughty stuff, I'm such a slut
>>now, I can't bear the thought of myself, what will my parents think if
>>they knew, oh no it can't be so, someone must've spiked my drink!",
>>especially so when the girl comes from a Christian home and doesn't
>>want to deal with the consequences of collegiate libertinism that she
>>suddenly found so overwhelmingly enjoyable.
>>
>
>
> There are certainly people of both genders who use this tactic. There are
> also those who take the drugs willingly in a foolish attempt to heighten
> their sexual experience. None of that negates the reality that it is used
> by both men and women to force others to do things they would not otherwise
> do.
>
> GHB and other date rape drugs leave a chemical trace that is easy to detect.


Well actually only within a couple hours so it's impractical. Alcohol is
the number one date rape drug and has been killing people for a long
time. That date rape drug is not deadly unless combined with alcohol and
I'm sure the numbers of date rapes with knockout drugs are extremely
low. My point is this whole discussion is based on misinformation, date
rape drugs aren't a big problem, just some strange side track.

Rape is indeed a big problem.


> When a person is courageous enough to come forward, blood tests are
> administered to determine the validity of the claim. It is a real issue, a
> real problem on college campuses and in singles clubs, and people are
> victimized every day.
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 7:13:04 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

"Paul Furman" <paul-@-edgehill.net> wrote in message
news:c6CdnSZEf75vaEzfRVn-ow@speakeasy.net...
>
>
> Well actually only within a couple hours so it's impractical. Alcohol is
> the number one date rape drug and has been killing people for a long time.
> That date rape drug is not deadly unless combined with alcohol and I'm
> sure the numbers of date rapes with knockout drugs are extremely low. My
> point is this whole discussion is based on misinformation, date rape drugs
> aren't a big problem, just some strange side track.

The most common way to drug someone is to put it in their drink. The most
common drink in a bar is something containing alchohol.
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 7:16:02 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

<kashe@sonic.net> wrote in message
news:aro1d1pv2u9oatjhshmei9hontfcp8ckek@4ax.com...
> How much time do these chad-brained bozos think it takes for a
> fingerprint to mutate into something else.
>


hehe. I think its to stop someone impersonating a long term employee or
something. All in a bit odd.

> I await with great anticipation the day when the papers will
> carry the story of a school where an extra $500K in damage was
> incurred when a non-pre-fingerprinted plumber had to wait an hour in a
> police station (as I once did) before being admitted to the school
> grounds to apply the wrench.
>

Would that be the school or the plumber facing the fine for damages?

> I await with far less antcipation the day when someone on this
> ng comes up with his personal story of grief where a child stood too
> close to a plumber at school and got bonked on the head with an errant
> wrench.

Not so much the bump on the head more to do with what you do with/too the
child whilst she is unconscious. If there is any 'bonking' to be done you
will probably be using your smallest wrench.
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 2:31:18 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Owamanga <owamanga@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Systems do exist to detect date-rape drugs before they are consumed,
>just as systems exist to protect a girl against sexually transmitted
>diseases. If they choose not to protect themselves and they choose to
>fraternize with those who think it fit to use such drugs, then I don't
>have a lot of time for them.

Are you seriously suggesting that someone who doesn't analyze
every drink they take, is being irresponsible? Who says that a
person who makes use of date-rape drugs will obviously be a drug
user. In fact, if someone is being so deceptive, they're likely
to put up a legit front.


--
Ken Tough
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 5:20:15 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

"Ken Tough" <ken@objectech.co.uk> wrote in message
news:aYv1qcAWLi1CFwZN@objectech.co.uk...
> Owamanga <owamanga@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Systems do exist to detect date-rape drugs before they are consumed,
>>just as systems exist to protect a girl against sexually transmitted
>>diseases. If they choose not to protect themselves and they choose to
>>fraternize with those who think it fit to use such drugs, then I don't
>>have a lot of time for them.
>
> Are you seriously suggesting that someone who doesn't analyze
> every drink they take, is being irresponsible? Who says that a
> person who makes use of date-rape drugs will obviously be a drug
> user. In fact, if someone is being so deceptive, they're likely
> to put up a legit front.
>
>
> --
> Ken Tough

Yes. This is like saying that if I get mugged while walking down the street,
it's my fault for taking a chance by walking down the street. A lady has the
right to expect that the drink someone buys for her is not drugged. People
who use date-rape drugs are, well, rapists......
Anonymous
July 15, 2005 1:46:32 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 13:20:15 -0700, "William Graham"
<weg9@comcast.net> wrote:

>Yes. This is like saying that if I get mugged while walking down the street,
>it's my fault for taking a chance by walking down the street.

Hey come to Overtown, Miami or Harlem, NY at night and try it. Why not
exercise your freedom of speech at the same time and shout to the
slum-bums that they should all stop doing drugs and get jobs. You
*have that right*....

And if you do, yes, I'll blame *you* for being an idiot.

>A lady has the right to expect that the drink someone buys for her is not
>drugged.

No she doesn't, who gave her that expectation and why? This is the
real world. Once a few of her friends have been raped in that same bar
by those same guys, she's GOT to take responsibility for what she
consumes there. If she belongs to a college where a 3 girls a week are
being hit, she's got no such right to expect she is immune from the
same risk.

For a crime, you need a victim. Rapists shouldn't rape, of course, but
neither should women let them.

>People who use date-rape drugs are, well, rapists......

I certainly agree with that, yes.

--
Owamanga!
http://www.pbase.com/owamanga
Anonymous
July 15, 2005 1:46:33 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 21:46:32 GMT, Owamanga wrote:

>>Yes. This is like saying that if I get mugged while walking down the street,
>>it's my fault for taking a chance by walking down the street.
>
> Hey come to Overtown, Miami or Harlem, NY at night and try it. Why not
> exercise your freedom of speech at the same time and shout to the
> slum-bums that they should all stop doing drugs and get jobs. You
> *have that right*....
>
> And if you do, yes, I'll blame *you* for being an idiot.

Painful as it is to side with the graham cracker, I've
occasionally walked down streets, avenues and side streets in Harlem
to no ill effect. Some of them quite lovely. I suggest that you
update your Concise Encyplopaedia of Stereotypes before someone
accuses you of making idiotic statements. We could also hire Bobby
Bonilla as tour guide to "show you the Bronx", as it's no longer
quite the danger to Yankee fans that George Steinbrenner made it out
to be several years ago when lower attendance levels had him hot to
trot the Stadium to Manhattan, where corporate executives could be
counted on to pay handsome sums to watch games from their luxurious,
air conditioned, mini-penthouse isolation booths.

I haven't been to Overtown yet and don't know much about it. Is
it really a place to avoid? I haven't heard that they engage in
Paki-bashing or other dastardly deeds down there, so it can't be all
that bad . . .
Anonymous
July 15, 2005 2:24:07 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

"Owamanga" <owamanga-not-this-bit@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:s0ndd1lnm0fl7emuneigkegtht7irehe9q@4ax.com...
> On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 13:20:15 -0700, "William Graham"
> <weg9@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>Yes. This is like saying that if I get mugged while walking down the
>>street,
>>it's my fault for taking a chance by walking down the street.
>
> Hey come to Overtown, Miami or Harlem, NY at night and try it. Why not
> exercise your freedom of speech at the same time and shout to the
> slum-bums that they should all stop doing drugs and get jobs. You
> *have that right*....
>
> And if you do, yes, I'll blame *you* for being an idiot.
>
>>A lady has the right to expect that the drink someone buys for her is not
>>drugged.
>
> No she doesn't, who gave her that expectation and why? This is the
> real world. Once a few of her friends have been raped in that same bar
> by those same guys, she's GOT to take responsibility for what she
> consumes there. If she belongs to a college where a 3 girls a week are
> being hit, she's got no such right to expect she is immune from the
> same risk.
>
> For a crime, you need a victim. Rapists shouldn't rape, of course, but
> neither should women let them.
>
>>People who use date-rape drugs are, well, rapists......
>
> I certainly agree with that, yes.

YOu honestly believe it is such people who are victims? They are that
stupid they go to a bar where they know a personal friend is date raped.
Beleive or not victims don't deserve. Its just people like you try to
justify how they somehow offended the universe and got what they deserve.
Therefore you yourself don't have to worry as you know you don't deserve it.
These things only happen to other people and it does they're asking for it.

In summary i look forward to you being repeatedly arse raped!!!
Anonymous
July 15, 2005 4:00:38 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 22:24:07 GMT, "ian lincoln" <jessops@sux.com>
wrote:

>YOu honestly believe it is such people who are victims?

No. As I've repeatedly stated, I don't have any first hand or
anecdotal experience of this phenomena.

>They are that stupid they go to a bar where they know a personal friend is date raped.

I have no idea. Personal friend, paid friend, imaginary friend, or
just read it in the 'police blotter' column in the paper. It doesn't
matter, it was an illustration.

IF a woman believes date rape is a real threat based on their
situation, and that they might be a victim, then THEY need to do
something about it.

>Beleive or not victims don't deserve. Its just people like you try to
>justify how they somehow offended the universe and got what they deserve.

Nobody 'deserves' to be raped sicko, and I didn't even hint to that.
Rape is despicable - one of the worst things that could ever happen to
someone, to be avoided at all costs. Testing a drink from a stranger
where you haven't monitored it's pedigree is a small cost to avoid
'the worst thing that can happen to you' from happening to you.

I wear a seat belt, yet I don't believe I'm going to crash the car
every time I drive it. Cost benefit pans out, it's a small price to
pay.

>Therefore you yourself don't have to worry as you know you don't deserve it.

As soon as I hear that ugly men are being raped in my area, I'll start
to test drinks from strange bikers in leather caps who enjoy dancing
with each other down at the blue oyster club. Until then, I believe
I'm safe.

Again, nobody *deserves* to be raped.

>These things only happen to other people and it does they're asking for it.

I don't agree. Nobody asks to be raped, but women should take some
personal responsibility to make sure it isn't going to be THEM.

>In summary i look forward to you being repeatedly arse raped!!!

Keep your own weird fantasies to yourself, please.

--
Owamanga!
http://www.pbase.com/owamanga
Anonymous
July 16, 2005 1:35:43 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

"Owamanga" <owamanga-not-this-bit@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:gjudd1dslq5va4cc6dub9u7bmp7g8een0h@4ax.com...
> On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 22:24:07 GMT, "ian lincoln" <jessops@sux.com>
> wrote:
>
>>YOu honestly believe it is such people who are victims?
>
> No. As I've repeatedly stated, I don't have any first hand or
> anecdotal experience of this phenomena.

Previous owamanga quote
>A lady has the right to expect that the drink someone buys for her is not
>drugged.

"No she doesn't, who gave her that expectation and why? This is the
real world. Once a few of her friends have been raped in that same bar
by those same guys, she's GOT to take responsibility for what she
consumes there."
>
>>They are that stupid they go to a bar where they know a personal friend is
>>date raped.
>
> I have no idea. Personal friend, paid friend, imaginary friend, or
> just read it in the 'police blotter' column in the paper. It doesn't
> matter, it was an illustration.

A lady has the right to expect that the drink someone buys for her is not
>drugged.

"No she doesn't, who gave her that expectation and why? This is the
real world. Once a few of her friends have been raped in that same bar
by those same guys, she's GOT to take responsibility for what she
consumes there."


A very stupid illustration.

>
> IF a woman believes date rape is a real threat based on their
> situation, and that they might be a victim, then THEY need to do
> something about it.
>
>>Beleive or not victims don't deserve. Its just people like you try to
>>justify how they somehow offended the universe and got what they deserve.
>
> Nobody 'deserves' to be raped sicko, and I didn't even hint to that.

I'm afraid you did
"No she doesn't, who gave her that expectation and why? This is the
real world. Once a few of her friends have been raped in that same bar
by those same guys, she's GOT to take responsibility for what she
consumes there."

> Rape is despicable - one of the worst things that could ever happen to
> someone, to be avoided at all costs. Testing a drink from a stranger
> where you haven't monitored it's pedigree is a small cost to avoid
> 'the worst thing that can happen to you' from happening to you.
>
> I wear a seat belt, yet I don't believe I'm going to crash the car
> every time I drive it. Cost benefit pans out, it's a small price to
> pay.
>
>>Therefore you yourself don't have to worry as you know you don't deserve
>>it.
>
> As soon as I hear that ugly men are being raped in my area, I'll start
> to test drinks from strange bikers in leather caps who enjoy dancing
> with each other down at the blue oyster club. Until then, I believe
> I'm safe.

As simple and obvious as that? You must think the average rape victim is
really stupid.
>
> Again, nobody *deserves* to be raped.
>
>>These things only happen to other people and it does they're asking for
>>it.
>
> I don't agree. Nobody asks to be raped, but women should take some
> personal responsibility to make sure it isn't going to be THEM.
>
>>In summary i look forward to you being repeatedly arse raped!!!
>
> Keep your own weird fantasies to yourself, please.

You keep your stupid half assed assumptions to yourself. Place them on a
public newsgroup then expect people to read it and criticise it.
>
> --
> Owamanga!
> http://www.pbase.com/owamanga
!