Dram LED Light w/ new components plz help!

noideawhatimdoing

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2012
Hey guys, I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this question but here it is anyways..

Below shows my build a few days ago before I made some alterations, and now my comp doesn't start up.

My build as of a few days ago:

MOBO: ASUS P8Z68 DELUXE/GEN3 LGA 1155

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155

Ram: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB

GPUASUS AMD Radeon HD 7970

PSU: XFX Core Edition PRO650W

What I changed was the CPU, the CPU cooler, and the amount of ram.

New CPU: i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz

Same Ram but less memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100

After changing my setup my mobo says: 2E, and there is a red led light that says dram led.

Basically its saying this is a memory problem? Everything worked right before these changes, and I have tried 1 stick of ram and rotating to the other stick of ram and 2 sticks of ram at once(and they are in the right slots). Could the ram be dead even though the system ran w/ 16gb? Is there some compatibility issue? I also tried reseating the cpu.. twice.. and i have removed the mobo battery for hard restart, and pushed that memok button. Anyone have any tips?

Thanks so much in advance!!

noideawhatimdoing

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2012
Turns out my Bios needs an update for the new CPU. Now I have to find where to buy this bios chip cause I can't find it at asus website, or I need to some how flash my bios even though it doesn't post... sigh.

noideawhatimdoing

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2012
Problem is I don't have my old CPU... and none of my friends have one either. Does this mean I have to get a updated bios chip? I tried finding one at us.estore.asus.com/ with no luck. Any more advance? Thanks guys